All reviewsstudent accommodationtate modernglobe theatresouth bankbasement barmillennium bridgeborough marketshared bathroomsouthwark tubebasic accommodationsingle roomst paulsclean towelsexcellent locationfull englishbeanscentral location
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I've lived in London before, but say a whole other side of the city [and was able to afford a long trip] by staying on the south bank at Bankside.

Room Tip: The south and west sides of the building had good access to neighboring restaurant's wifi!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pasherlo
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Bankside House is unbelievably good value for money. In a brilliant location. Clean large room. Excellent breakfast. It was fantastic for our family and we stay there each time we are in London. For families wanted excellent value accommodation in the heart of London - cannot go past Bankside House.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank LaTourBlanche
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I've been travelling to London for years and always stayed close to a tube station, in the north part of the very city centre. It was the first time I chose this area: wonderful! It's close to almost everything, the connections are very good, many buses pass by and there are at least three train stations. Very good value for money also because nowadays very few offers include breakfast; almost none take in consideration the full English one. Rooms are clean and comfortable, except the matresses that need to be changed very soon. However, will surely go back again and suggest this accommodation to other people.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid noice from the restaurants and pubs downstairs
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gabriella D
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This is the 2nd time my wife and I have stayed here and we would certainly return again. It is a good base for a short visit to London. It is cleaner and more spacious than most budget hotels in London. The breakfast option is good value.

An improvement since our previous visit, for those who are that way inclined, is that the "Boris Bikes" which are available nearby can be used to get around quite easily and cheaply: we used them much more than the tube which we have mainly used to get around London is the past.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SJM010
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed at Bankside for 2 weekends and was very surprised by the cleanliness and very nice breakfast. Location is great and the accommodation for such a price was more than satisfactory. The only thing I was shocked, when I was having breakfast, I didn't take much food on my first round. There was this breakfast lady by the till, who never said good morning and obviously was not much enjoying her job. When I got up to get one more toast, one slice of ham and one piece of cheese spread, she called me over and told me in very unpleasant manner I was not allowed to take more stuff, took the cheese from me and said to keep the bread and ham, which I obviously did not want anymore and put it back. I felt so annoyed I did not even bother to complain. I work in customer service myself and there are certainly more polite ways how to say to customer that they are not supposed to have things, rather than touching the food and taking certain items from their plates.Otherwise all other staff very helpful and nice, especially by the reception desk.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business