All reviewsstudent accommodationtate modernglobe theatresouth bankbasement barmillennium bridgeborough marketshared bathroomsouthwark tubebasic accommodationsingle roomst paulsclean towelsexcellent locationfull englishbeanscentral location
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I've been travelling to London for years and always stayed close to a tube station, in the north part of the very city centre. It was the first time I chose this area: wonderful! It's close to almost everything, the connections are very good, many buses pass by and there are at least three train stations. Very good value for money also because nowadays very few offers include breakfast; almost none take in consideration the full English one. Rooms are clean and comfortable, except the matresses that need to be changed very soon. However, will surely go back again and suggest this accommodation to other people.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid noice from the restaurants and pubs downstairs
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gabriella D
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This is the 2nd time my wife and I have stayed here and we would certainly return again. It is a good base for a short visit to London. It is cleaner and more spacious than most budget hotels in London. The breakfast option is good value.

An improvement since our previous visit, for those who are that way inclined, is that the "Boris Bikes" which are available nearby can be used to get around quite easily and cheaply: we used them much more than the tube which we have mainly used to get around London is the past.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SJM010
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed at Bankside for 2 weekends and was very surprised by the cleanliness and very nice breakfast. Location is great and the accommodation for such a price was more than satisfactory. The only thing I was shocked, when I was having breakfast, I didn't take much food on my first round. There was this breakfast lady by the till, who never said good morning and obviously was not much enjoying her job. When I got up to get one more toast, one slice of ham and one piece of cheese spread, she called me over and told me in very unpleasant manner I was not allowed to take more stuff, took the cheese from me and said to keep the bread and ham, which I obviously did not want anymore and put it back. I felt so annoyed I did not even bother to complain. I work in customer service myself and there are certainly more polite ways how to say to customer that they are not supposed to have things, rather than touching the food and taking certain items from their plates.Otherwise all other staff very helpful and nice, especially by the reception desk.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank mamba687
Reviewed 28 September 2011

It's cheap, was clean, basic - as we expected. Rooms a good size. Superb location - very close to river bus and a gentle walk from the tube. Breakfast good. Lobby is small and the staff over worked but that is one of the compromises I expected when booking budget accommodation. Good and reasonably priced restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We ( three girls) stayed and felt very comfortable. It was very clean, friendly and safe. Would definitely used LSE again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends