All reviews vincent square victoria station rochester row westminster cathedral quiet square continental breakfast lovely hotel spacious bathroom big ben third floor full english mini bar lovely room major attractions business trip air conditioning central location
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Hotel is centrally located 12-15 minutes from Victoria, 15-20 minutes from Buckingham palace, 7-10 minutes from bus 24 which takes you to Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Westminster bridge, Trafalgar Square, Charring Cross station, Leicester square, etc. It is definitely a great value for location. Front desk was extremely polite and very helpful. You can see the staff loves their job and take it very seriously. Room was very comfortable and well setup. Beds were the best on our entire trip. If arriving by train to Victoria Station, take Cab to Hotel. You can walk but it is not worth it when taking luggage and it does not cost that much. Note: Taxi may take you to Grange Rochester from same chain, ask them to take you around building to this location. There are steps to get into hotel but helpful staff will help you get your luggage up stairs. Location is quiet but seemed very safe as we walked sometimes late night to the hotel from main Victoria street which is 7-10 mins away. There are no restaurants which we found close to this place but we were out most of time so that did not bother us. To get to bus 24 which operates 24*7 or Victoria station or Buckingham palace do following. To the right of hotel if you are facing it is a College, take that street and then keep going straight to Emery Hill Street which becomes Thirleby Road , this will intersect Victoria Street. Once you reach that junction. If you go straight it is Palace street to go to Buckingham Palace. To left is Victoria station. On opposite side is bus 24 bus stop to get to Westminster Abbey and all other key locations. Right at junction to your right is starbucks . Buy your oyster card at the first station you visit. It is totally worth it. They charge 5 Pounds deposit for card,you can deposit 10 Pounds on top. Keep using it for travel ,refilling as needed and at end of trip return to get both balance amount and deposit back. This was our first visit to London and we really enjoyed our 2 day stay at this location. We would definitely visit this hotel when we go back to London.

Room Tip: If you want a early checkin let the hotel know in advance
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anita I
Reviewed 10 December 2016

On arrival there had been a mix up with my booking. However, this was dealt with quickly and efficiently by the staff on reception. The room was lovely, an iron was delivered promptly on request. I particularly liked the breakfast. All the staff I came across were great. I will definitely be returning

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I have stayed here before. It's in a good location about 15 mins walk from Victoria station. It's quiet and the staff are friendly. However the thing that stands out for me is now clean it is. Absolutely spotless. That shows the staff really care. Our room, the crisp white sheets and fluffy towels, the lounge area, the bar and the toilets all pristinely clean. Well done from 2 very happy repeat customers. See you next year!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dizzydeels
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I travel frequently with a friend who is registered disabled and I often find myself disheartened at the way some hotels look after disabled guests and their carers...but not this hotel.

Thank you to all the staff who over the past few days have gone out of their way to make our stay so easy and so comfortable a particular thank you to the receptionist who went out of her way to show us to the disabled entrance for our return to the hotel later in the evening. I wish I had taken note of your name, but your thoughtfulness really stood out.

The hotel itself is very nice with all the features of a decent London hotel, but what makes a hotel stand out from being a decent London hotel to an outstanding London hotel is its staff. Congratulations Grange Wellington on being a truly outstanding London hotel....in my opinion anyway.

Room Tip: Not next to the main road
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I stayed here for two nights on a recent business trip.
The room was very spacious and comfortable - with nice little extra touches like a couple of chocolates on arrival. the gym was well equipped for a small hotel gym and all of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
The location is excellent and there was very little noise from other guests/street noise which was great.
The continental breakfast could maybe be improved a little but otherwise a great hotel and I would stay here again,

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business