“Awesome individualized tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bowl Of Chalk

Bowl Of Chalk
Ranked #14 of 670 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, informal and factoid packed 'pay what you want' walking tours of London. Whether you're a hardened Londoner or just stepped off the plane, you will learn oodles of things about London that you didn't know you didn't know, in guaranteed small groups. Booking via website.
Glover Park, District of Columbia, United States
“Awesome individualized tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Jonnie's tour was wonderful. I contacted Jonnie very late Friday night and he was more than willing to accommodate my request for a tour the next afternoon. I ended up with a personal tour, because no one else had signed up for the afternoon walk. I was running a bit late and public transit was not working with me, but Jonnie stuck around and waited for me. He then took me on an informative and entertaining walk. I learned a lot and saw tiny bits of London I would never have discovered on my own. I highly recommend this walking tour!

Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Warren, Vermont
“Worth every while”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great walk, filled with interesting information and a great introduction to whatever area you would like an introduction to. Totally catered to whoever is in the group and their interests as they arise. Should be on every visitor's top 10 list of things to do while in London, especially if you've been here a few times. Easy going, and very rewarding.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Just try it, you won't regret !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Ok, so I've just read a couple of reviews about this tour. Sorry if I disappoint you... but I can't say much more than what has already been said!! I totally agree with everyone here, Jonnie's tour was worth it, really.

Let me tell you. I went a few weeks ago with 2 friends for the Sunday tour. I went there thinking that spending 3 hours listening to a guide would be sooo boring! I thought I had to get ready for a plan B, just in case... But you know what, I was wrong! Jonnie really knows how to catch your attention (and keep it) : whether you're into Street art (or not), History (or not), Botanics (or not), etc. you can be sure that he'll keep you interested. He has a talent for storytelling, he knows a lot about his city and is very happy to share! He also makes his best to make you feel comfortable : it's like going for a walk with a good friend! You'll have fun, learn a lot, and probably discover nice places in East London if you choose the Sunday tour. I'm pretty sure you'll want more! I do, and I'm definitely going to try the other tours, asap!

Visited May 2012
“I can't wait to go on another walk!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We joined one of Jonnie's walks a few months ago...and I'm still talking about it. The walk was meant to last about three hours however we were all so entertained I think it was closer to 4.5...I don't even have great concentration skills...but we all just wanted more!

Jonnie effortlessly pitches his knowledge, facts & jokes at all those on the tour...it was like being entertained by a hilarious new best friend.

I cannot recommend a bowl of chalk walk more...I can't wait until I can get on another one & I know I'll be accompanied by many if my friends who have heard all about one of my best London Sundays ever!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Londoners and visitors to the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I've been on two of Jonnie's walks (Trafalgar Square to St Paul's and 'My Neck of the Woods') and highly recommend. As well as being highly entertaining, Jonnie is highly knowledgeable about a vast and varied range of subjects and pointed out a host of things I never knew and/or had never noticed before. The walks cover a range of time periods and topics so I now know a lot more about street art, the history of policing in London, where to get a free quality cup of tea and why the Strand is called the Strand (in fact it's not even actually called 'the' Strand but never mind...). Jonnie is also very good at pitching the walks at the right level so they're of interest to newcomers to the city as well as those who have lived in London for many years. I'm definitely going to sign up to complete the Bowl of Chalk trilogy.

Visited May 2012