“Beautiful Hotel but was not impressed by Champagne and Cupcakes”
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #135 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I want to start by saying the Fleming Hotel is beautiful and excellently located. So my low rating has nothing to do with either of those points.
We booked Champagne and cupcakes whilst we were visiting london we thought it would be perfect as were spending time in Mayfair so it was nice and local.
The restaurant itself is lovely with lots of different rooms and is beautifully decorated. I booked the champagne and cupcakes rather than standard afternoon tea as i not a massive fan of scones and fancy cakes. I was massively disappointed when the cupcakes ended up being fruit cake. You would think that cupcakes should be either sponge or chocolate, unfortunately not. We were the only people in the whole restaurant so it also lacked any kind of atmostphere. When we arrived the staff were having some sort of meeting and so we stood there for a couple of minutes without even being acknowledged. My other complaint was that the when i researched the Fleming the champagne and cupcakes were being offered for £12 per person. On the day I was charged over £30 for 2 people. When i got home and noticed I emailed the Fleming but never recieved a response...disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank L0veH0lidays100
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for the nice comments about the decor and location. I was so disappointed to read however, that you did not like the cupcakes. Our pastry chef likes to display flair and creativity with all of the sweet treats that are served in the hotel and on this occasion, her tea infused cupcakes and carrot cake cupcakes were meant to be a special surprise for you. Clearly they did not have the desired effect and I apologise that they were not to your taste. Following your review, we have made sure that we display a cupcake menu, so if a guest does want a plain cupcake then they have the choice.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Flemings Mayfair

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a lovely little hotel, very conveniently placed for visiting the art galleries and great shopping nearby. It is reasonably priced, very helpful service and a funky little bar and restaurant downstairs. It must have been recently re-furbished and up-dated in slightly unusual, but fun taste. Walk into the lift and it becomes a library as it is lined in leather backed books - very 'novel' I said! The bedroom, although small has everything you need including a trouser press, tea and coffee, TV etc. and en suite. All immaculate with comfortable beds and pillows. No traffic noise either, so a peaceful night's sleep. Minor gripe - bar service was very slow. We waited 15 minutes for a rather expensive gin and tonic although the bar was almost empty. If you want internet be aware that you get 90 consecutive minutes for £5, so, if you go on line for 10 minutes and then switch off for 80 minutes you lose the rest of the session and have to pay another £5 to get online again. All in all, this hotel made our 2 night stay in London thoroughly enjoyable and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: choose a twin bedded room as the beds are the size of small doubles and give you a bit of extra room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tillybox

We have such a great location and I think that your word funky, exactly describes our bar and restaurant. The concept of the decor is tradition with a twist and elements such as the books in the lift, give it a fun side. Thank you for all your other helpful comments and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The downstairs was lovely and the staff could not have been nicer, but something was a bit shabby about the rooms. They are tiny and there's no way to unpack since there was not a drawer in the room to put clothes in. The wardrobe was tiny. The wallpaper was torn, the doors were in need of refinishing and the bathroom had cracked tiles. The bed was wonderful and the hotel is very quiet. The elevator is extremely slow and has a cracked mirror in the interior. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It's comfortable and the location is terrific, but something about it feels a bit strange. The cocktail bar is overpriced with two not very good drinks costing almost forty pounds. I doubt I would stay there again since there's nothing memorable about the hotel. I think it may have seen better days. However, I didn't hate it except I did begin to hate the busy flowered wallpaper with its torn edges.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank corsicus

Thank you so much for your review and I am sorry that it was not 100% satisfactory. I am so pleased that you found the staff helpful and friendly and am sorry that you felt that the room was tired. I am in the process of rewallpapering a couple of rooms and will make sure that I visit the one that you stayed in as a priority.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Last week we had a five night break in London and chose Flemings Hotel in Mayfair. The hotel is very near theatreland and is close to all the major attractions - we could walk almost everywhere we wanted. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet, on the third floor and was spotless and comfortable and twice we had little treats left for us to eat. We enjoyed the breakfasts enormously. There was a generous buffet and a choice of cooked food. In fact, the breakfasts kept us going until well into the afternoon. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing haven after the sights of a busy London. As I said, the staff were superb, and I would definately return.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms may be rather noisy as the tube runs below this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Janawl
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel is very nice, great location, cozy and we can feel ourselves at a great friend’s home. The staff members are very professional they provide all information one can need . They are always attentive and at the slightest singn of trouble they came up with the best solution for the guest.
In the reception and in the concierge everybody is special. Holly, Leandro, Alberto, Daniel, Joan, Ricardo, Katherine and Kate they are a little bit more.
The restaurant is very good, the breakfast is really nice and the croissants are delicious, people like Mira, Simona, Valentina and Joanna receive us every day with a big smile and all their eficiency.
People like the Mayfairs Flemings staff make the difference in your stay in London.
I strongly recommend this place and it'll be my new; "pied à terre in london."
BRASIL, 10/04/2012

Room Tip: Ask for the new refurbished apartments .
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MAngela C
MatthewCT, Director of Sales at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review and mentioned our first class team.

I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast; just the right way to start the day!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your £pied à terre in London."

With kindest regards