“Good location, small room, maze like corridor's” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #171 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Dublin
“Good location, small room, maze like corridor's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here recently on business trip, rooms are small, shower not built to accommodate a tall man. Depending on your room you could have a bit of a left/right/up/down walk, bit annoying really. Just one lift which is a bit worn looking with fake book shelves, needs overhaul in all aspects. All in all you are probably over paying for location here.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JurKal
MatthewCT, Director of Sales at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for your constructive comments.

We are the second oldest hotel in London and are made up of 6 town-houses, hence why some rooms are a little way away. I have noted your comments about the shower and if you do book do let us know, and we'll allocate you a room to better suit you.

With kindest regards

Matthew Crowther-Townsend
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Retired in Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our six-night stay at Flemings was enhanced by thoroughly professional staff at every level (and Katie, guest services coordinator, is a treasure!). We were made to feel welcome and treated like guests, not statistics. Very attractive rooms (when a glitch occurred it was resolved with dispatch, generousity, and grace) -- enjoyable Continental breakfast -- perfect location for all the things we planned to do: handy for buses, tubes, and peaceful Green Park. With a Pret on one nearby corner and a small Tesco's on another and the varied restaurants in Shepard Market 2 blocks away, we could dine inexpensively when we wished.We highly recommend Flemings and hope to return before we get too much older!

Room Tip: If possible choose a junior suite for extra space and charm.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to read your comments. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and found our location allowed you to make the most of your stay with us. I hope to welcome you back to Flemings soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just returned from our 3rd stay at this hotel. Can thoroughly recommend it, good location, comfortable rooms, especially those to the Clarges Street side which is quieter. Efficiently room by friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Only gripe is lack of free WIFI. Would definitley return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you like the Clarges Street side of the hotel. For a central London hotel, its great we can offer such quiet rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Matthew Crowther-Townsend
Orchard Park, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had stayed at Flemings Mayfair for a week, in honor on my very first Spring Break about a month after the Royal Wedding. The room was tiny, even when compared to Japan's standards, but it was clean and quite comfortable due to its great proximity to Piccadilly. The breakfast buffet left me quite hungry for tea at Fortnum and Mason, but I was able to discover a great breakfast place just around the corner called Safra. However, I found the staff to be quite intriguing. They were cold, and each day whenever I would go past the lobby one of the attendants at the front desk always would demand to know when I would be leaving, which is quite questionable. And the other part of my stay which I found rather annoying was the ability to make and take phone calls from my room. Anytime my family tried to call me from the US, the hotel will absolutely NOT connect the call, forcing me to call out of my room, and for a very high price which was reflected in my 600+ pound phone charges. Also, I had separately purchased the wifi pass from the hotel (they don't offer free wifi), and that also did not work, so basically I wasted my money. Also, my gentlemen friend, a London resident and a high ranking officer in the Royal Navy, with whom I occasionally went to dinner or a play, would complain that when he was waiting for me in the lobby, the concierge was always giving him dirty looks, and making him feel very uneasy and unwelcome. I do not believe that I will ever opt for staying in this hotel again, however, it did not ruin my stay and my appreciation of London.

Room Tip: Watch your bill carefully.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Celfie379
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor. As you have posted details of your stay nearly a year later it is difficult to respond to all your points effectively. We have been unable to find a record of your stay with a phone bill costing £600, and it is a shame that you left it so long to mention something that you feel strongly about. Flemings has changed tremendously over the last twelve months and the service that we deliver puts the care and needs of our guests at the centre of our thoughts and actions. If indeed you did experience what you felt was intrusive service a year ago, please do consider a return visit to the hotel where we would like to have the opportunity to ensure you leave with 100% positive memories of your stay.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I loved Flemings - great location, central London in Mayfair, tube stop 2 blocks away, many attractions and best shopping within walking distance; the room was clean, comfortable and reasonably sized for London; after I found a fantastic winter sale on Travelocity for a small room, the hotel offered a 15 GBP upgrade (a GREAT value); most important, the staff couldn't have been more efficient and helpful. Each one went out of his/her way to take care of me, always with kindness and a smile. Thank you in particular to Gonzague, John, Pedro, Holly, Katie, and Hannah. I look forward to staying at Flemings on my next trip to London - don't think I'd stay anywhere else again!
(Tip: the breakfast is pricy as is the Wi-Fi fee - kill two birds by going a block away to Pret a Manger - good Starbucks-type place with free wi-fi after registration)

Room Tip: Inquire about the room upgrade before you go - well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Flemings and that our team made your stay memorable. I will be sure to pass on your comments and look forward to welcoming you again soon.