“Very Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #173 of 1,080 Hotels in London
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Fantastic location! Amazing Staff! Very nice hotel property! I will definitely stay at Flemings Hotel the next time I'm in London. Seriously, this hotel has an exceptional location...Green Park tube stop is very close to this hotel, and the hotel is within walking distance of Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace...the list goes on. True the rooms are small, but that's typical of the UK and Europe in general. Even so, my hotel room was very quiet, nicely decorated and extremely clean. I only had one issue during my stay: It cost me 43 pounds to make 3 short "local" phone calls from my room. I thought the price was a bit over the top. This was a problem to me because I called down to the front desk to ask about costs before I made the calls. I was told that there would be charges, but nothing exorbitant. Well, $70 bucks to make 3 local calls that lasted about 15 minutes each, seemed a bit exorbitant to me. If not for this one issue, my stay at Flemings would have been damn near perfect! I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jaime T
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback and photos on Tripadvisor. I’m glad the hotel location enhanced your stay in London, allowing you to walk to many of the major attractions. I’m sorry to hear that the costs for making outgoing calls were not outlined to you before you made the calls. I know this feedback has been passed on to our team to look at. Despite this I’m pleased to hear that you would still recommend Flemings and look forward to welcoming you for a return visit.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Words fail me with this review...

Our overall experience of the standards of food & service at this restaurant were faultless. From walking down the stairs to the restaurant and being greated by a professional member of staff to putting on our coats at the end of our lunch and leaving the restaurant.

The high quality of food & service really puts other establishments to shame and the price paid for such excellence is definitely nothing to complain about. My fiance took me here for lunch in Dec11 and we will definitely be returning again. The menu selection was ample, the food service was as you would have expected and the friendly but professional staff were always on hand for your every need. The restaurant has a lovely relaxing & tranquil atsmosphere with comfortable and welcoming seats.

A very well done to all staff & Management, please do keep up the good work and we look forward to visiting you again in the not to distant future.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sammie4
It was fantastic to read your recent review of our restaurant The Grill. I’m delighted you had a memorable lunch with us and I have passed on your wonderful comments to our restaurant team and to our chef. I hope to welcome you back to Flemings again soon.
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a well maintained hotel with super helpful and (occasionally too!) cheerful staff. The rooms and bathrooms are immaculate. The situation in Half Moon Street is calm for central London and the street noise minimal. Room service was of good quality and arrived very quickly.

Two drawbacks: My room was very, very small. For GBP 195 (our corporate rate) you can get a much more spacious room elsewhere in a decent hotel. Maybe they have larger rooms, but everytime I have stayed here I have been surprised by just how small a hotel room can be!

The rooms are well proteceted from street noise but the internal noise from the coridoor is high. The room doors are on an automatic shutting mechanism which causes them to slam loudly. Don't count on too much of a late sleep-in!

Still, you could do a lot worse.

Room Tip: Check how large your room is going to be. If you are a couple some of the rooms will be insufferably...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DavidFinch9436
Thank you for your recent review of Flemings. I’m glad you found our team friendly and obliging throughout your stay. I’m sorry to hear you experienced noise from the internal corridors during your stay and that your room did not live up to expectations. With the hotel converted from 6 Georgian townhouses we unable to make structural changes to the size of our rooms. We believe that the unique nature of each room adds character to the property and do our best to ensure we match each guest to the appropriate room. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again to ensure you have a 100% positive experience.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife and I booked our stay at Flemings for a special anniversary treat to London to see a couple of West End Shows. A fantastic Hotel with fantastic employees. Every employee we encountered on our two night stay couldn't have been more helpful and polite. The Hotel is perfectly situated for a London stay, Green Park tube station a couple of minutes away and just a few stops to the heart of the City. Ideal for all the main tourist attractions. The hotel has character and was perfect for our stay. We cannot speak highly enough of the service we received. From check in to check out it exceeded our requirements, great reception team and concierge. Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and the attentive staff. It was lovely sitting relaxing with cocktails in the bar in the evening. Without a doubt we will return and use it as our base again in the future. we will also recommend to all our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 00smithsontour00
I’m so pleased to read such a wonderful review of Flemings. I’m glad you enjoyed the character and warmth of the hotel and our team, and it’s lovely to hear that you would recommend us to friends and family. I hope to have the chance to welcome you at Flemings again soon.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wow! What a hotel! Sure, there are cheaper places to stay out there, but pound for pound, you'd struggle to find anything better. If Flemings were a football club, it'd be top of the Premier League by a country mile. The staff are just about the nicest & most polite bunch of people you could ever wish to meet.......they have an uncanny ability of ensuring you don't have to lift a finger, without smothering. Quite simply, nothing is too much trouble for them and they go about their duties with pride and attention to detail. Well presented, well spoken, knowledgeable about the area and genuinely passionate about their hotel and the facilities on offer - to the extent that you feel like Royalty when you stay there (funny that, because Buckingham Palace is a quick 4-5 minute walk from this hotel). Whilst we're talking location, Green Park tube is a 2 minute walk, and rather handily there is a HSBC bank very close (with a couple of cash points), for free cash withdrawals. Food was outstanding (we recommend the chocolate soup for dessert by the way), and breakfast could not be faulted in the slightest. Rooms exceptional - attention to detail and cleanliness of the highest order. Honestly, the only negative we could find was that we couldn't stay longer. But we'll be back. Thanks to the team there - a wonderful experience! Oh, and how about this for a nice touch and an example of the customer service? On checking out, and requesting 'luggage storage' so that we could spend the afternoon seeing the sights, the staff explained that we could leave the luggage securely for free, collect it at any time, and they even offered us access to our room again (effectively 'late-checkout') so that we could 'freshen-up' after our afternoon of exploring London! Not sure if this service comes as standard, but what a superb touch. Thanks again. Hope to go back very soon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor H
Thank you for sharing comments on your recent stay at Flemings. I really enjoyed reading your review and will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team. We take pride in working together to provide memorable experiences for our guests so it’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Flemings again soon.