Montana Hotel
US$ 240
US$ 222
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 110
US$ 175
US$ 141
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
US$ 261
US$ 216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 107
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 157
US$ 144
Elvoline
  • Free Internet
US$ 878
US$ 667
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgloucester roadtube stationthe royal albert hallcontinental breakfastnatural history museumwithin walking distanceyogurtstay there againshared bathroomsingle roomexcellent locationroom safefamily roomhyde parkminute walkpiccadilly linekensington gardens
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I did lots of shopping around for a nice hotel that I could afford for a week in London, and I loved the Montana Hotel. My daughter is in school at Imperial College, so she was just two blocks away. The hotel is a short walk from the Gloucester Road tube station, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and Kensington Palace. The hotel is clean, nicely appointed, safe, and the staff is helpful.My single room was small, but hey, this is London. The breakfast room is also nice with a good selection of food. The hotel also gave me a good discount for booking for a week's stay. Some people complain about the lack of in room bathrooms, but if you want to have an in-room bath, you can certainly request that. I will definitely stay here when I return to London again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank TheHorseLady
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Some people might have been disappointed by the absence of toilets/showers in some rooms. When you are aware of it, you can focus on the advantages of this hotel, in terms of location, in terms of cleanliness and helpful staff.
The common shower/bathroom is clean so no complaints.
Breakfast is varied and correct for this kind of hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank jlt5
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The location was great as a short walk from the tube, the room was clean and basic but what do you expect for the price. Cant remember his name but the Geordie man who worked on reception was very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was great and included in the price, if your looking for a base for a couple of nights to just get changed and rest whilst you spend your days exploring this it the ideal place.
And for those that want shampoo and shower gel my message to you is.......... bring your own!

Room Tip: Ground floor room number 500 I shared with 4 of my friends and there was ample room for us all!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank NualaWooste
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Fantastic hotel in a great location ... Very close to Gloucester Road tube station. Just 10 minutes walk to the VA and the Museum of Natural History. Great breakfast included in rate and the staff are very efficient and friendly. Was there for the Jubilee weekend and this hotel provided excellent value for money. I certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Jo-ann L
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the hotel June 6-7, 2012. Overall, I was dissatisfied with my accommodations and the service, but there were at least a few redeeming qualities, which is why I rated it 'average.'

First, I was disappointed with my accommodations. When I checked in, I was surprised to learn that my room did not have a toilet or shower. I hadn't realized this when I made my booking -- these are standard features for any hotel room in the US and I hadn't realized these would be 'extras' at a reputedly nice hotel in London. Furthermore, there is nothing on the website that suggested some rooms did not come with an en suite bathroom. However, I was able to upgrade on the day I arrived, so that worked out.

Second, there was no complimentary shampoo and only 2 small discs of soap to use. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at that did not give complimentary shampoo. Third, the hotel's elevator was extraordinarily small -- room for only 1 guest with luggage or perhaps 2 people without luggage. Fourth, I found the hotel's staff to be courteous, but only in a perfunctory manner. They were not warm or inviting, but merely competent. Fifth, the free WiFi wasn't working for the majority of my stay. This was not really the hotel's fault, but still annoying, especially after these other issues. And sixth, my room was very stuffy, even with the window open.

On the positive side, the restaurant was excellent, the room was fairly clean and quiet, and the location was pretty good. It's close to an Underground Tube station, walking distance to a good museum and Harrod's Department Store, and also close to a Paul (French bakery chain).

I would never stay there again and would advise others to pick a different hotel as well. As I said, I wanted to give this hotel a 'poor' rating, but can't because there were a few aspects to this hotel which make it 'average.'

Room Tip: If having a toilet and shower in your room are important to you, make sure you request it -- the less expensive rooms don't have these rather basic amenities!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo