“Great Stay in London”

Luna & Simone Hotel
Ranked #112 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had a great 6 night stay at The Luna & Simone. The hotel is clean & near the Pimlico & Victoria stations. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great, too!
The only draw back is the lack of an elevator. But, that is only a small issue when checking in & out. I would definately recommend staying here !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gruder
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Luna & Simone Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I found this gem from the Rick Steves "Pocket London" book. I knew what to expect since European hotel rooms are generally smaller than American hotel rooms. This hotel excelled in all areas.

Check-in was friendly and efficient. Since we arrived on a bank holiday, not everything was open. We asked Mark for suggestions for lunch and he made a recommendation, giving us a map with a 20% coupon good at many places. He even called the restaurant to see if it was open and gave us detailed directions.

Breakfast was a typical English breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, beans, juice, toast, and tea. It was enough to hold us until lunch. The breakfast room was a nice size and the conversation with the staff was very friendly. One morning, I wore my Beatles shirt and had a great conversation with one of the owners. Before long, I heard Beatles music playing in the kitchen.

We took a one day trip to Paris and they held our luggage (except the small bag we took). When we returned, they had already moved our luggage into our new room. They also held our luggage on our last day since we had an evening flight. We spent our last day meeting our daughter and saying goodbye to London.

Since there were 3 of us, we took a triple room. It was an adequate size (one double and a single bed) for myself, my wife, and our 12 year old son. The bathroom is a little small but very functional. The shower was exceptional, great pressure and plenty of hot water. There was a room safe, a TV, and hot water to make tea and/or coffee. We went to a supermarket and bought a couple of boxes or herbal tea and cookies for our bedtime snack.

Luna & Simone is located in a great neighborhood. It is very safe, day or night and there are choices of transportation. We mostly walked but did use the Underground (tube) on occasion. We were close to both Victoria Station and the Pimlico tube stations. Pimlico was closer and less crazy than Victoria Station. There are a lot of restaurants, pubs, shops, supermarkets, and ATM machines, within a few blocks of the hotel. Buckingham Palace is about a 20 minute walk. Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye are slightly further.

They have a computer for guest use and I was able to print our boarding passes. To sum it up, great location, great staff, well maintained, clean, and affordable. If we go to London again, this will be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Triple and quad rooms are on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jan R
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on the recommendation of Rick Steves (a USA travel advisor). Though small, it was very clean and quiet. The front desk people were friendly. The 24 hour bus stops right outside the door, extremely convenient. Breakfast was limited but adequate, the service was great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b2m4
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When I go to London I like to spend my money "outside" my hotel room.
There's plenty of shops, restaurants, pubs and cultural events to spend money intelligently.
That's why, as far as accommodation is concerned, what I care are just 2 things:
1) Absolute cleanliness and hygiene
2) Good Location, not to spend money on 2-3 zones travelcards
And Luna&Simone fulfills the two above in an excellent way.
It's not a 4 star hotel, let be clear and straight. But you get a very confortable and very clean room, in an elegant and very rich and very good and very safe and very quite location.
Just 10 minutes walk to Victoria Station, and, if you dont' want or cannot walk, just take the bus in front of the hotel that happens to be a bus that takes you everywhere in central london (you can use it for sightseeing the first day).
This is an hotel built in the hold english houses, so expect narrow stairs and no lifts.
But as I said that's not what you look for.
I cannot say anything about the breakfast becouse I like to eat my full english in some very good restaurants around the city. Ask me if you desire.

Room Tip: Be aware you have only stairs no lift!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CriticoViaggiatore
Reviewed 23 April 2012

London is an expensive city and therefore despite the stiff price this has to be considered a budget place. Taking this into account, it is a very good option. Staff is friendly, rooms are small but clean, beds are good and location is excellent. Breakfast is so-so, but hey, this is England. If you don't mind the many steps (no lift!), take a top floor room. Ours was very quiet and not so dark. There is no air con, but this is usually no problem in London

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple