We had booked into stay at the Oxford Hotel in Earl's Court but were told upon arrival that the hotel was fully booked (despite the fact that we had booked 2 months previously). We were sent to their "sister" hotel the Westbury which was about a 5-minute walk away. Apparently this is one of 8 "sister" hotels in the area which explains other people's posts about being moved from one hotel to another.
I would describe this hotel as a glorified hostel. It was clean but very basic, a tiny bedroom with thin walls and even tinier beds. I have no problem sleeping in a single bed but these beds were child-sized and I was at risk of falling out each time I turned! The worst thing was the temperature of the bedroom; it was absolutely freezing. When we arrived in the room the 2 windows were wide open. We closed the windows and went out for dinner. When we arrived back at about 11pm the room was still very cold and neither of the radiators were working. I called down to reception at about 11.45pm and was told that the heating would be coming on in ten minutes. It didn't. It was a long, chilly, uncomfortable night made worse by the noises coming from next door through paper-thin walls and the fear of falling out of the cot-sized bed. The room was still cold the next morning so we had a quick shower and got out of there. We didn't even bother with breakfast. All I wanted was was a comfortable night's sleep...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, newly refurbished hotel with friendly staff - close to museums, Earl's Court and Olympia exhibition centers, underground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westbury Hotel Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westbury Kensington London
- Westbury Kensington Hotel London
- Westbury Hotel London