Boka Hotel
US$ 434
US$ 271
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 305/night.

US$ 452
US$ 315
US$ 272
  • Restaurant
The Montcalm London Marble Arch(London)
US$ 342
  • Pool
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 194
US$ 176
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 239
US$ 220
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 171
US$ 157
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 180/night.

The Arch London(London)
  • Pool
US$ 871
US$ 731
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 946/night.

All reviewssmall kitchenwest brompton tubeearl's court stationbritish breakfastfull englishcooked breakfastexcellent locationtriple roomsingle bedbus stoptea and coffeecerealzonetescokettle
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Great hotel for a stay in london. Right opposite earls court 1 & 2 and earls court tube station. Rooms are spacious, clean, ensuite and come with a fridge, microwave & kettle. You can get a cooked breakfast, toast or cereal in the morning all inclusive. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank getaroundstu
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Boka is very conveniently located midway between Earls Court and West Brompton tube stations, and suitable for those on a tight budget. The bed was comfortable, although the rest of the furniture was shabby and had seen better days. The room was clean enough, with two electric rings, a microwave and a fridge (which may attract come of the customers) - although for short stays they are plenty of eating options in the Earls Court area. Breakfast was a basic British fry-up - egg, bacon, sausage and beans, with white toast, and was included in the price. The street is quiet enough and the reception desk is manned 24 hours, which is useful as I was using it as a London bolt-hole after a late formal dinner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MKMapman
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Interesting. Good value for money in London with an excellent breakfast (sausage, egg, toast). Rooms at the top of the building can be loud during the night if next to the hot water pipes or the stairs. Hotel reception staff welcoming and polite. The hotel is old and the room furniture some what quaint.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 2hotLondon
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Whilst the Boka Hotel is absolutely headed in the right direction, in some aspects it's work in progress. Let me explain:

If you are looking for decent comfortable room(s), clean comfortable bed, small kitchen area and clean bathroom, friendly staff (and breakfast too.) The Boka provides a great value for money base, adjacent to Earls Court and the Tube Station (all within two-three minutes walk).

On the flip side - the hotel is undergoing an upgrade and the work is clearly visible in places - i.e.in one stair area, the ceiling or wall panels are missing - whilst the upgrade work is in progress. (And I suspect because of the construction traffic) some of the external stair carpets are somewhat threadbare. But you can't rebuild without some mess - and if like most guests - you use the hotel to sleep and base yourself - it's not a great issue.

Overall - great room rates for London - and decent comfortable rooms. It's not the Savoy, Ritz or Hilton - and does not pretend to be.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CharlieEdinburgh
Reviewed 5 April 2012

First let me say that I don't take pleasure in saying negative things about a business but my recent experience at the Boka Hotel was so disappointing and upsetting that if I can stop anyone else from making the huge mistake I did by staying there, then so be it. I was hesitant about booking this place after reading the mixed reviews but other hotels had gotten even worse feedback so I took a chance that I really regret now. Due to problems with my flight, I arrived in London 4 hours late so it was 9 pm when I got to the Boka where I booked a room for one week. I had to take the elevator up to the 2nd floor and then walk down some stairs. Safety hazard #1: The stairs leading down to the room had no lights and at that time of night, it was of course very dark. Luckily I didn't fall down the stairs and break something like an arm or leg. I did see a sign on the wall the next morning saying the "wiring wasn't live yet". A lot of good that does if you arrive at night. The room was grim: shabby furnishings and not very clean. No hangers in the wardrobe, no dresser or shelves in the bathroom. But the worst part was the strong, foul smell in the bathroom like stagnant water and the toilet was visibly dirty. Safety hazard #2: The bathtub. The tub had nothing on the bottom to stop you from slipping - nothing at all. It was elevated so you were standing about six inches above the ground and trying to get in and out on a wet, slick service could be dangerous. There was no shower curtain or door so you also had to be careful not to slip on the wet floor. Safety hazard #3: The radiator and curtains. The radiator under the windows was on and there were two long curtains covering it. The beds were just a few inches from the curtains and I could feel the fabric was pretty warm. A potential fire hazard? Possibly unless those curtains are fireproof. There didn't seem to be a way to turn the radiator off so I just tried to keep the curtains pulled out and away from it as much as possible. In the morning I approached the man at reception (who was very busy leaning back in his chair doing absolutely nothing) to ask how often the rooms were cleaned. He responded "They are cleaned every day". When I told him about the dirty toilet he said "I have nothing to do with that. I don't speak to the maids directly". I asked if he could please leave a note for whoever was responsible and he clearly was irritated that I asked. Next I asked where the nearest Tesco's was. He just shrugged and said "Over there". Later I walked around the area for about 40 minutes but never did find it. There was a black cat sitting outside the front door and when I about the cat I was told "Don't worry about him". I starting to leave and the cat tried to come into the hotel so I said "Sir, he is trying to get in". The man then yelled at me "What do you think this is...the Red Cross!!" Or something to that effect. Unbelievable! I found out later his name is Francois. So Francois I really hope you read this: I politely asked you a couple of legitimate questions and in return I was ignored and then insulted . YOU ARE AN ARROGANT, RUDE, MISERABLE, LAZY JERK WHO SHOULD NOT BE DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC. IF THIS IS HOW YOU REGULARLY TREAT PAYING GUESTS THEN YOU SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE YOU ARE BAD FOR BUSINESS. I CERTAINLY DON'T EXPECT AN APOLOGY BECAUSE I DOUBT YOU HAVE THE CLASS OR MANNERS TO OFFER ONE. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH YOU. Between the general uncleanliness of the place (cracks in the plaster, exposed drywall, torn carpets in the hall, cigarette smell in the air) and Francois' nasty outburst, I seriously thought about checking out on the spot even though I had only been there less than 12 hours. But I had prepaid 3 months before and would have lost about $800 which I could not afford to do. There were a few bright spots that should be mentioned: The bedding and towels were clean, the ladies who serve breakfast were pleasant enough (although it would be nice if there were foods available for vegans), a young man named Lloyd was really nice and helpful (thanks to him I found Tesco's!) and so was the young lady (sorry I didn't get your name) who assisted me with making a phone call one night. This was my fourth trip to London and by far it was the worst experience because of this hotel. Just because a building is old doesn't mean it has to be run down and dirty. I am surprised a Heath & Safety inspector hasn't closed it down. So to anyone considering staying here: please DON'T. You will be sorry if you do.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank rainwater423
BokaLondon, Manager at Boka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Ms R.L.

Firstly before addressing your many comments I apologise for any upset you had with the night receptionist, if this happened as you describe then it is unacceptable behaviour and we will be speaking to him to gain his side of the story before taking any action. I do wish you had asked to speak to one of the members of management about this during your many days at the hotel.

Moving on, you speak of a number of issues you claim are Health and Safety matters and dangerous. Let us have a look at them one by one.

Your Room was on a mezzanine floor so a few steps down from the elevator, the stairs are not dangerous and I have posted a photograph taken tonight at 11pm so it can be seen in the same light as you saw it on check in.

The bathtub, as far as I am aware all bathtubs sit slightly above the floor, none sit directly on the floor when fitted as pipes etc have to run underneath them unless you have a sunken bathtub and not many basic or even 5 star hotels have those . There is no shower curtain as as can be seen from photograph I have uploaded it is a bathtub with hand held shower, not a shower. As for your comments on slipping, we use Tenura Anti Slip products on baths and bathroom floors to prevent slipping, these products are far better than traditional rubber mats as they are permanent and therefore cannot harbour dirt and bacteria. These products have been seen and approved by a Health and Safety Officer and are widely used.

The radiator, I am not sure about other countries but in the UK central heating with radiators is the most common form of heating, a curtain being close to a fixed water filled radiator is not a fire hazard, in fact you will find many people dry clothes on them.

As for torn carpets in the hall, the hallway outside your room has a marble floor, the stairs have carpeting and the reception area had carpet tiles, all of which I shall upload pictures of.

Breakfast is a full English breakfast, toast, cereal, tea, coffee and orange juice are also served. If a person wishes to have a vegetarian variation all they have to do is ask, for vegan options clients will usually make a comment on their booking form which Expedia who you booked through and paid to does give the option of, if we are informed of dietary requirements we will do our best to accommodate, if we are not then I do feel it is rather unfair to say nothing, request nothing but then complain later after leaving.

The note you refer to about wiring not being live, that was not our existing lighting but a place where a new switch for something is being fitted, that note was there so the fitter knew where to go to as it had been prepared ready for him.

As for your general comments about the room and bathroom, there is a shelf in the bathroom, it is a tiled shelf above the bath at the tap end and to my mind the room is not grim and shabby, I have uploaded photos of the room for readers to see for themselves.

Once again I apologise if the events you describe with a member of staff happened as said, this is not right, I do wish you had chosen to speak to us at the time, but I do not feel your room was vile, depressing, grim or shabby.