“Small but great value”

Ranked #233 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Small but great value”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Close to tube and all amenities of hammersmith. Clean and tidy hotel(although more like a B&B), with lovely helpful girl on the desk. Room and bathroom were small but perfectly adequate with tv and free wifi, and tea/coffee facilities. On the downside the walls were very thin, but there was no noise after midnight. Overall I thought it was an excellent stay for the money, really good value. If you are after a basic but clean great value sleep, close to a tube opposite a 24 hour (paid) car park then I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was at the front where there was moderate noise from traffic, but it did not disturb me with...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Casole d'Elsa (Siena) Italy
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Since ten years I'm always coming to this hotel and I will never change, if I can. This time I was sleeping in a freshly renovated part, even more clean than the rest of the Hotel. Rooms are cosy, homely, well fournished. You can have a deep rest and make yourself ready not only to reach the very near tube station and go to the Center of London, but also to visit the little wonders of the neighbourhood, ethnic restaurants, nice little shops and the Thames Path. Staff people are simply wonderful.
Paolo, from Italy

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at Adria Hotel for a wedding in Hammersmith. The hotel itself is a short walk from the commercial district of Hammersmith as well as the tube, and is conveniently situated near multiple tube lines intersecting at Hammersmith. We arrived past midnight; despite the late hour, the clerk was helpful and patient with us.

We stayed on the top floor facing the back, which was nicely quiet and away from the main street. The room was clean, though the carpet was mildly dated. The bathroom was clean, but at times there was an odour from the drains. My wife found the smell unpleasant, but I was not bothered too much.

The walls are thin, which did not trouble us for our stay except for one night, when there were a couple of young men staying next door. We could hear them singing and playing music late into the night. Unfortunately there was no attendant in the lobby -- but they did quiet down when we spoke with them.

We opted for the cheaper continental breakfast option, which consisted of a self-serve buffet with generous portions. There is free wireless internet available. The signal in our top-floor room was a bit spotty but acceptable for checking e-mail and gathering tourism information.

The value and convenient location can't be beat. The hotel and room were clean, which is important to us. Although things weren't perfect, my wife and I would still stay there again in the future.

What we liked: Great value, filling breakfast, clean throughout, quiet (except when neighbours are singing)
What we didn't care for: Thin walls (when neighbours are singing), weak wi-fi at times, odour from drain

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TorontoCanadaEh
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the Adria hotel for three nights. I chose the hotel based on the great reviews it received on here trip advisor and I'm definitely satisfied with my stay.

I stayed in a single, which was a very decent size. Neither the room nor the bathroom felt cramped at all. Everything was very clean. If you gave it a minute, the shower water temperature got very hot, which was wonderful. The room had a armoire and a hanging closet, so plenty of room to put your stuff away, with a little safe in the closet too.The staff was friendly too!

I would say the only thing keeping me from rating a full 5 out of 5 is that the walls were pretty thin. I've stayed in 6 hotels in London so far and I have to say these were the thinnest I've encountered. I could hear the guy in the room next to me coughing, his tv, his phone alarm vibrating. But if you're planning early days packed with sightseeing or shopping, which will knock you out at night anyway, I don't see that as much of a problem.

The location is great too. It's very close to the hammersmith underground where you can catch the Picadilly, Circle, District and Hammersmith&city lines. The station more like a mini-mall, with plenty of places to get food and snacks, two starbucks', a Tesco and some clothing stores. In the Hammersmith shopping street there's also a Primark, M&S, TK Max, etc.

All in all, great place to stay

If you can sleep with ear plugs, it's pretty much perfect, I just didn't bring any.

Oh and another tip for those of you that can't get your hair wet every day: bring a shower cap! The shower head is stuck on the ceiling.

Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed with my fiance for two nights. It was our second stay in Andria Hotel and we will be going back.
The hotel is very well situated: Hammersmith metro station and hudge bus station are nearby (including 24 hour and night buses to all over London). Pubs and shopping mall are also 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Adria Hotel is basic but clean; rooms are comfty and warm. Free WiFi is a bonus!
Recommend!