“Real Italian!!!”

De Palo's
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 64
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Cosy, Italian trattoria/restaurant near St Paul's, serving authentic, homemade, classic dishes
London, United Kingdom
“Real Italian!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I went there for dinner on Friday evening with by boyfriend, I am Italian and usually I end up very disappointed with Italian cousine in London, Having read the reviews I was intrigued so I decided to try the place. The restaurant is small and cosy, the service nice and friendly. We ordered an antipasto misto and grilled prawns, both starters were really fresh and the sauce of my prawns was beautiful. As main I chose the artichokes ravioli, whereas my bf had lasagna. Ravioli were exceptional, fresh, tasty, cooked in a beautiful herb sauces. I didn't taste lasagna but it looked really good and my bf was really happy with it. we shared a dessert, overall we spend 60 pound. i found the prices absolutely fair, good choices of wines, friendly but not intrusive service. We will definitely go back!!!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank wlb0
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic all rounder”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

What an amazing dinner last night! We had a mixed bag of older children and friends at the table, all of whom were welcomed by staff and owner in a friendly relaxed manner. My husband had the crab linguine, which he said was absolutely delicious, which coming from him, is high praise indeed. I had the smoked salmon, followed by lasagne, which had never tasted so good. We both shared a tiramisu - scrumptious! The whole table had clean plates. My only criticism would be the website which I really don't think does the restaurant any justice, the photos look rather drab, whereas in reality the decor is light and airy despite its tucked away location, providing a friendly buzzy atmosphere. I would happily take friends or family here and be sure of superb food, reasonably priced and a great time.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Emma G
Northampton, United Kingdom
“one of the best meals we have had in London.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Went by the reviews on tripadvisor, would not have found this gem without tripadvisor as its not on a main street. Excellent food and service and a very friendly atmosphere. Food upto the level of fine dining without the price tag.

3 Thank businessman186349
“Hidden Pasta Gem”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Wow!!! what a great pasta find and right in the heart of The City. De Palo's served fantastic pasta by Danny (the very firendy and real Italian owner!) in a genuinely warm yet very smart fresh atmosphere. My young niece and nephew couldn't eat the pasta special of the day fast enough and wiped the plate clean with soft bread. Can't wait to go back next week with the adults And check out the wine menu!!!

2 Thank Pasha27
London
“Absolutely fantastic lunch at De Palo's”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Took a very close friend to De Palo's for lunch on Wednesday and thank goodness we booked. The owner was turning away customers as the restaurant was full. We had a fantastic lunch. I tried their chicken dish which was delicious and their soup which was amazing. My guest loved his dish of antipasta meats and the new red wine was so good we asked where it came from. The ambience is electric at lunch. I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough. If you want excellent Italian food in a cosy and relaxed environment then this is the restaurant for you.

1 Thank wendyjmsamuels46