St George Hotel
Agoda.com
US$ 364
US$ 314
  • Pool
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
  • Pool
US$ 339
US$ 193
Hotels.com
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 141
US$ 773
US$ 673
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 108
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoxford streetflights of stairscontinental breakfastroom numberdouble glazingsingle roomshared bathroomgreat central locationvery nice hotelwould stay againrooms are comfortablefull englishgood sizeembassyfridgetubemattresses
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This hotel wasn't the most comfortable place I have ever stayed - the decor was a little tired and the room was cramped but as we were only staying one night that wasn't too much of a problem. The location is great though and the staff were fairly helpful. The bathroom was modern and very clean but for the price I'm sure you can find better in London.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tyrol_tonia
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here for one night and the location was perfect and the room was fine. We went to see War Horse and the next morning took the Chunnel to Paris. This hotel is a good value for London but not fancy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SmokeyandAshes
Reviewed 28 April 2011

No help in getting heavy luggage up narrow stairs; Bed very hard; Toilet took forever to fill and was so loud we couldn't even flush at night; Pretty disinterested staff except for Antra at the desk; breakfast exactly the same thing every morning; small children allowed; A little far from the tube station; no washcloths! which we ran into at other hotels, go figure! Bedside table drawer was coming apart, drawer separated from cabinet. Not great but was quiet at night. Shower only.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrgtavl
stgeorgehotelnet, Manager at St George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

As a 4 star guest accommodation we pride ourselves in offering great service value for the price paid. It is often the case that guests do not read the description of the accommodation properly and are surprised to arrive at a town house hotel with indeed a narrow staircase. We are always ready to help with luggage, although we may occasionally have multiple check-ins, where the fastness of the service takes precedence. Our room and bed quality is assesed by the AA every year and found satisfactory. Indeed, various people have various preferences regarding the firmness of the matress, although typically a firm mattress is preferred to a soft one. We have a wide selection of choices on our buffet breakfast table, therefore having the same selection every morning indicates that we are keeping stocks up all throughout. We are 8-10 minutes walk from either Baker St or Marble Arch tube stations, not far in big city terms. Washcloths are not typically provided in 4 star guest accommodations and/or many 4 star hotels either. Our furniture is of very good quality and is regularly checked and maintained. And due to the town house nature of the property, which assumes limited space, most of our bathrooms are fitted with showers. However we have one room with bathtub on every floor, offered on request.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

The reception staff on arrival were not very helpful and unfriendly didn't even show us to our room just pointed it out, did not explain were the facilities where or even what was available. This is listed as a hotel but I do not know how it got this status, it should be listed as a bed and breakfast.
The room was extremely hot, no air con, just a fan which we found in the wardrobe which just circulated hot air, we couldn't have the window open as the traffic noise was all night not that we got any sleep it was worse than being in a sauna. When we said to the reception staff the reply was "it is a listed building so we are not able to have air con in the rooms" very helpful.
The breakfast well, no staff there to greet us, my hubby wanted a cooked breakfast and had to knock on the kitchen door to request this, this cost £5.00 although breakfast was supposed to be included guests had to help other guest as there was no-one available to ask, breakfast was a complete shambles, however the dining room (if you could call it that) did have air con!
I have travelled around the world and even stayed in third wold countries and I can honestly say for the price we paid for this hotel WAS SO NOT WORTH IT, bog standard
find somewhere else to stay. We booked this through London Town.com so put in a complaint to them they said they would look into it, we never recieved a reply.

Room Tip: Find other accomodation so your trip is not ruined
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank mccraeclan
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I have stayed in London hotels before, this is not hotel but a B and B. I was fortunate to have a room on the first floor, easily accessible, my colleague however had a much windier route to his room.
Pluses: relatively clean, though tired decor. Great position for exploring London, so walkable to Oxford St and shops etc.
Downsides: tiny shower, turning around (and I am small) meant I kept knoking the shower handle to off. The beverages were poor (considering it is 4 star); the breakfst diabolical being processed cheese, cheap square ham with croissants, toast and very obvious tinned peaches.
I wouldn't mind, or comment, if this wasn't being advertised as a 4 star hotel. I am thankful I got an internet special rate else I would have felt robbed by the usual prices. If I had had my kids, it ould have been a nightmare staying in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business