“Very good hotel in a good location.”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #23 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent, well equipped room, friendly, helpful staff, good and not expensive (by London standards) breakfasts, quiet but in a very good location. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bixkut
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

You have sum up all of our key assets and I thank you for such great a feedback.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Sofitel London St James.

Kind regards,

Denis Dupart

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Loved our time here, staff and service were wonderful and the food was divine.

The room was immaculate - will definatey stay again.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for posting your positive feedback onto TripAdvisor.

We have tried and fulfill Sofitel London St James with French elegance and English tradition. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed every moment spent with us.

I look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I went to afternoon tea at the St James Rose Lounge & Bar with 4 friends and we had a wonderful experience. The good was absolutely delicious, the harp player fantastic and the staff unparalleled. I have some food allergies and they were so accommodating and thoughtful. I was particularly impressed with Oyo and Greg who provided outstanding service.

If you're looking for a great afternoon of tea and delicious w/ friends and or family, I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

I am very thankful for your kind words. I obviously shared your positive feedback with the St James Bar team who were extremely pleased to have fulfilled your expectations.

We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. And when you come for an Afternoon Tea, the enchantment is complete with the warm atmosphere, the harpist, and the devoted service.

I look forward to welcoming you. Please do not hesitate to stay at Sofitel London St James when you next visit London.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2012

With so many hotel choices in London, I had never considers fthis hotel. It ended up being a last m ute choice (limited availability), but it turned out to be a nice choice.
The location is great, in the middle of everything. The rock we ere nicely decorated and we had a nice marble bathroom with separate tub and shower.
Serve was friendly, and we had tea at the rose lounge, it was very enjoyable and resnably priced.
This hotel is a solid choice for a lower price in London, would definitely recommended as a nice alternative to more expensive properties.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

I am happy to hear that you have had enjoyable moments during your first stay at Sofitel London St James.

We try and deliver the best level of service. Each and every guest is a host for us, not a customer.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Our friends have been visitors here for years and we decided to have a change. We usually stay at the Intercontinental in Park Lane which we love. We were glad we did. Fantastic location just a few mins walk from Picadilly Circus. We stayed using our Avios points and we still received fantastic service and a lovely room. Fabulous comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom with deprecate shower. The bar was great for a pre dinner cocktail and still had great vibe for a nightcap at midnight. Breakfast was delicious and the choice excellent. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

I am truly pleased with your feedback and I thank you for that.

Indeed we genuinely love to look after all of our guests and I am happy to hear that you have felt it.

We have tried and make a gem of each and every area in the hotel. The Rose Lounge is one of them. It is a timeless, full of charm place where you can enjoy healthy delicacies.

The Executive Chef and I thank you also for your feedback regarding breakfast. It is served with the freshiest seasonal products on the market.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,