“Pricy but great service and nice rooms (for London hotels ;-)”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #26 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Warsaw, Poland
“Pricy but great service and nice rooms (for London hotels ;-)”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

It was my second time staying in Sofitel St. James and again I had a great experience. The hotel is very centrally located with easy walking access to many locations and at the same time it is not at the most busy street.

My room was very clean, nicely decorated and of decent size (had no view but you have to get used to it in London :-(

The staff is very helpful and friendly.

I highly recommend Sofitel St. James it despite quite high prices.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex_PL
, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
I was a pleasure to welcome you for the second time at Sofitel London St James.

We pride ourselves in serving all of our guests in the most genuine way. I am glad to read that our standard of services has met your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Denis Dupart
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just spent two nights at the Sofitel St James and enjoyed every moments. I received an upgrade to a very spacious Deluxe room on my early arrival. The location is perfect, just two minutes away from Piccadilly Circus. Everything about this hotel is 5 star, with an instant feeling of well being. The perfect place to relax after a long day. The Balcon restaurant is excellent (english tradition with a french touch) and the service is very professional (a newspaper of your choice is even offered): I recommend the chocolate soufflé and the beef and foie gras pie. The bed is incredibly comfortable and the room warmly decorated.
I'm looking forward to returning to the Sofitel St James upon my next visit to London!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Flupke
, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Indeed Sofitel London St James is perfectly located as it stands on the quiet Waterloo Place yet at very close distance from all London's main attractions and business center.

We wanted to inspire our guests with a peaceful atmosphere after a busy day in London. I am glad that we have achieved our aim.

I felt really proud of our restaurant The Balcon thanks to your feedback. Thank you for that and actually for your whole comment which is very flattering about our high level of services.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Berkshire
Reviewed 24 June 2012

A group of us went to this hotel on Saturday to enjoy a day in their Spa. The occasion was a baby shower and was attended by women of various ages (up to grandmother age). Though 60 is the new 40!
Each and every one of us were unanimous regarding the high quality, professionalism and friendliness of the place.
This hotel is absolutely stunning. Antique furniture, the most beautiful rugs and carpets, oil paintings, beautiful wall hangings. it simply overwhelms the senses in its class and tastefulness.
The day in the Spa couldn't have been bettered I think. Right from the welcome drink (non-alcoholic) which was sooo tasty and refreshing, to the lunch accompanied by Moet Chandon champagne (for those of us not pregnant) to the wonderful selection of menu choices. All served by charming and efficient staff in simply lovely surroundings.
And then to the piece de resistance - the Spa treatments. The most beautiful room with music of your choice and a fantastic professional therapist who really knew her stuff.
At the end of the lovely day we all assembled again in the hotel's romantic Rose Room for tea before going out separate ways following the most gloriously relaxing day.
Thank you to the Spa staff, to the staff on reception who were so helpful on our arrival and to the two managers who were incredibly friendly to us whist we waited for our party to arrive. I'm afraid I don't know the name of the male manager but both he, and Stephanie (the hotel manager) are an absolute asset to this very successful hotel. They really show other hotels what successful hospitality looks like. Well done and thank you all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
It is always a pleasure to welcome future moms at Sofitel London St James. Actually we have a whole range of products for pregant women as this period can be quite tiring. You should try our treatments.

I am so glad to hear that you and your friends have had such a wonderful time at So-SPA as well as at the Rose Lounge. Those 2 areas are one of the many enchanting places at the hotel.

We then look forward to welcoming you back.

With my best regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2012

great location, great staff - at least all that I had any dealings with, great hotel. Perfectly situated, very well appointed, and very quiet. I would highly recommend it and would choose it again for my next business trip, or even for leisure...just two minutes walk from Piccadilly Circus!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I returned to The Sofitel after a year, and found it even better! Location, service, food and luxury, just cannot be beaten. I travelled with my daughter, and felt so comfortable in the hotel. I can strongly recommend this hotel to everyone, who enjoys 5 star quality without been ripped off!!!

Room Tip: The only thing I could fault, is the rooms could be a little updated, but they are spacious and have...