“Disappointing”

20:00
Ranked #8,361 of 24,037 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 34
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Welcome to Gordon Ramsay’s Street Burger – serving up signature burgers, seasoned fries, shakes, cocktails and beers.
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

Burger like warm at best and a little dry. Soft drink machine producing flat coke….staff not interested.
Had really expected better as GR is putting his name to it.
Would not recommend or go back.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed 21 August 2021

OMG, the worse burger I have ever eaten, I’ve been to lower league football stadiums where the burgers are better than this……we will not be coming back here or recommending this to anyone……..I can’t believe Gordon Ramsey has his name attached to this tripe!!! Extremely disappointed to say the least.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

This was my first and only time in this place. It really is the name of "Gordon Ramsay" you are paying for and at £15 a burger, it was really overpriced. The burgers were of a children's size and I could have eaten more at McDonald's for half the price. I asked for a cheeseburger and was told this was the children's menu and had to have what was on the menu but had smoked cheese!
The free refill on soft drinks was a joke as the glasses are not much bigger than thimbles, so I went up for 3 drinks before my food came!
My fries were cold and the side order of onion rings didn't come until our meal was nearly finished.
I was so unimpressed I felt this harsh review was justified.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

We visited this restaurant as a group of 6 on a Sunday to a lacklustre at best greeting. We should have known at that point to leave as the female supervisor treated us as an inconvenience as opposed to customers looking to dine.

We were promptly seated and then ignored for around 10-15 minutes by the team in the restaurant, eventually one colleague saw fit to actually acknowledge us and take our order, no issues there as the chap was friendly and courteous.

The food when it was within a reasonable time but sadly was inconsistent in quality and cooking, with each beef burger having a different level of pinkness. With one being well done and one of the children’s burgers being medium-rare at best.

My burger was incorrectly served as I’d requested no egg and was returned to the kitchen. The chef, whom working in an open kitchen should know to be more aware of his audience, simply stated, “who orders a Bae without the egg” shrugged and proceeded to simply pick the egg off the burger, believing I couldn’t see, with his hands and re-serve the same burger to the table.

Once we’d finished the trays were cleared quite quickly, deserts were offered and refused and we tried in vain to get the attention of the two staff members left upstairs to get our bill.

Wanting to end the experience we left the money for the meal, less the discretionary service charge that the restaurant had managed to lose for themselves on the table.

Upon standing up and gathering our belongings the previously mentioned chef sarcastically called out “thanks so so much for coming” and quickly turned his back on us, at this point we left.

A few moments later one of the male colleagues, who had previously ignored our attempts to grab his attention, grabbed a member of our group as we got a little down the road waving the money we’d left in her face demanding we pay in polymer notes for our meals, claiming that paper £20 notes were no longer accepted as payment.

I calmly reminded the colleague, who had grabbed a member of our party in the street causing our entire group embarrassment, that until September 2022 paper £20 notes are still legal tender and that I had made payment for the meals served. He then continued to demand that I pay using different notes or a card. At this point I simply stated that payment had been made and I would be leaving at which point he simply turned around and walked away.

To sum up I’d honestly recommend you steer clear of this restaurant until they manage to resolve the blatant and numerous issues with the staff that sadly let the high quality products they’re trying to serve down.

1  Thank Lg-1991
Reviewed 14 August 2021

We arrived with a reservation for 8 people. The staff were instantly smiley, kind and helpful. With such an age range, everyone felt accommodated. The atmosphere of the restaurant was lovely. But nothing can beat amazing customer service. With a young child (3) I always worry about eating out, especially in a city, but I would put the service up there with the best I have ever received. I would like to especially thank Aghata, who was wonderfully interactive and took the time to speak and respond to my child. The staff were all so kind and it made the already amazing food taste even better.