“Captivating”
Review of War Horse

War Horse
Ranked #16 of 384 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I had to go twice to this Moving story. I was captivated by the "Horses" and completely drawn into the horror that the poor horses in the first world war underwent. I forgot that the horses on stage were not real-- I thought the whole show was very very well done and very moving. The Riders were also excellent -- it made me realise what awful conditions Men and Beasts had to cope with -- in a way that films had not done. I have seen the Film twice but somehow those " Puppets" made it seem more real.

All reviews
in 368 reviews
"audience"
in 221 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Thought I would be smart and buy end seats so it would be easy to come and go. Spent a lot of the night looking at the rear end of the horse. I thought it was very slow and the music was not inspiring

6  Thank smrealtor
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Not often I am moved to write reviews, but this is an epic show that deserves as many verbal accolades heaping upon it as is humanly possible. However, I lack the vocabulary grand enough to do it suitable justice, therefore I will say only this...go and see it, I'll wager my Shed you won't be sorry...!

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

I work in Covent Garden surrounded by theatres and whenever people ask for a recommendation I say war horse. Best. Play. Ever.
The horses are wooden and moved by actors. After 5 minutes you no longer see the actors, and it's literally like there's horses running on the stage. Incredible. But definitely bring your tissues- reduced my entire row to tears.

1  Thank Madeleine_Lewis
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I was a bit unsure about this show when my son bought me tickets for my birthday. Went along and took me a bit of time to get used to the horse being animated/managed by a young man. However, I got so drawn into the whole story, that at one point during the performance, one of the staff asked a young man in the audience to stop taking photos, and I promptly said to my husband "that's so the flash doesn't terrify the horse". That's how realistic and breathtaking the performance was!

3  Thank sandraann2015

Been to War Horse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK