“A tear jerker”
Review of War Horse

War Horse
Ranked #14 of 382 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Wonderful show, wonderful puppeteers, set, music everything beautiful and moving. Take your hankie though!

All reviews
in 368 reviews
"audience"
in 221 reviews

Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is such a brilliant show, took the family and we all enjoyed it, the puppets are amazing and the story great. It is a lovely little theatre and you all feel close to the stage. Recommended

Reviewed 30 August 2012

At last got tickets to see the show. Good seats three rows from the front to one side, but I think sitting anywhere would be good, its an intimate theatre. The puppet horses were excellent you find yourself forgetting they are puppets and the goose was a proper scene stealer. Great show!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

What can you say about War Horse that hasn’t already been said? It is stunning, from start to finish, and yes several tears flowed at the end – though happy tears I think. I also feel the theatre was great – the seats were such that you could sit anywhere and have a good view of the show. So if you’re trying to book but are put off because only end seats are available, don’t worry, they all have a good view. The best seats were in the dress circle, looking down on the action. Those in the stalls would have had a good seat of course, but wouldn’t have seen all the action at the back of the stage.
The only down side is the seats. If you’re large you’re going to struggle, and leg room isn’t great. But I was so compelled by it all I forgot the discomfort and just enjoyed the show!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 August 2012

OK, so let me firstly say that I'm probably the worst person that could review a show, they are not something that I would usually go along to, however I was dragged along kicking and screaming to keep my wife company and to save her getting lost in London... So that said I actually enjoyed the show, obviously not as much as my wife (judging on the amount of tears that flowed). So yes a great experience that for a "non stage show" person such as myself. Go along even if you are the same, you will probably enjoy it as much as I did!

Been to War Horse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK