“A Little Gem”

Add it.
Marsh Ruby
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This really is a little gem, my only saddness is that Ingrid doesnt have a chain, her food is exceptional and very fresh and tasty, you can make your meal as hot n spicy as you like with the option of fresh chilli on the side of your plate, if you can't make up your mind you can opt for the half n half or even a trio, this is must have at least once a week and actually healty, please give it a go, you have nothign to lose Yummmm

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I found this place by accident when in the Lower Marsh area, but when going in I realised it was run by the same people who used to have street food stall in the road when I worked there some years ago. A great find - £5 or so for a really tasty plateful with next to no oil. Tables, surroundings all very clean. Indian food as I like it, and very warm and welcoming service from the owner - just as I remember.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This little curry shop is a hidden gem. But be warned if you blink you can miss it.

Hidden behind a mediocre frontage its easy to miss, but it serves the best and fastest indian curries in the area. All made fresh and using organic produce, when its gone its gone.

Pity its only open for a few hours a day, but well worth a visit...

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I only discovered Marsh Ruby recently despite walking past it so many times. The shop front is unassuming so it is easy to miss.
Just as all the other reviewers say, it's no-fuss, fast and healthy Indian food at budget prices. The portions come in regular or large - I go for the regular and it more than fills me up. Free salad, yogurt and chill comes on the side. Also, staff are always friendly.
For me the big bonus is the option for brown rice and the use of free-range chicken. There's also the option to mix and match your order with 2 different dishes. The meals are light and healthy so I never have that 'food coma' feeling afterwards. Perfect for a quick casual lunch.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

You know when everything just really works? I was meeting a friend to see an exhibition at the Hayward Gallery and she said we could have lunch before in a really good cheap place. We were in a hurry, but I absolutely loathe having to spend money on unhealthy, disgusting cheap food, which is usually my only choice when I'm on a day trip and trying to keep the costs and time down. Marsh Ruby was just brilliant - I came out with that feeling of wellbeing you get when you've filled your stomach with healthy food prepared with love. Simple choices, with fresh accompaniments (coriander, chopped chili), rice or chapati, veggie option, free-range chicken, for heaven's sake - how can they do a free-range chicken option for under six quid? Nice bright surroundings, friendly staff. Something for each of my four sons, including the picky one and the veggie one. And a bill of £27 for five of us. Wonderful - we'll be back.

1  Thank Suffolkheron