“Excellent!”

Add it.
Marsh Ruby
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I only discovered Marsh Ruby recently despite walking past it so many times. The shop front is unassuming so it is easy to miss.
Just as all the other reviewers say, it's no-fuss, fast and healthy Indian food at budget prices. The portions come in regular or large - I go for the regular and it more than fills me up. Free salad, yogurt and chill comes on the side. Also, staff are always friendly.
For me the big bonus is the option for brown rice and the use of free-range chicken. There's also the option to mix and match your order with 2 different dishes. The meals are light and healthy so I never have that 'food coma' feeling afterwards. Perfect for a quick casual lunch.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

You know when everything just really works? I was meeting a friend to see an exhibition at the Hayward Gallery and she said we could have lunch before in a really good cheap place. We were in a hurry, but I absolutely loathe having to spend money on unhealthy, disgusting cheap food, which is usually my only choice when I'm on a day trip and trying to keep the costs and time down. Marsh Ruby was just brilliant - I came out with that feeling of wellbeing you get when you've filled your stomach with healthy food prepared with love. Simple choices, with fresh accompaniments (coriander, chopped chili), rice or chapati, veggie option, free-range chicken, for heaven's sake - how can they do a free-range chicken option for under six quid? Nice bright surroundings, friendly staff. Something for each of my four sons, including the picky one and the veggie one. And a bill of £27 for five of us. Wonderful - we'll be back.

1  Thank Suffolkheron
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I went to Ruby Marsh recently after a friend recommended it to me, she had raved about it for a while so I thought I'd better sample the delights here whilst in the neighbourhood. Well having now experienced Ruby Marsh I can only say that the food, staff, service and ambience more than exceeded my expectations. Coming from an Asian background myself, I was amazed at how authentic the food tasted - just like I used to have whilst growing up! I left feeling perfectly content with all that I had consumed and all the money that I'd parted with. Not that I am complaining about this but I was amazed at the low prices given the high quality of the produce used and dishes served.
I really hope Ruby Marsh thrives in 2013 and years to come as it really is these hidden, independent gems that make dining an exceptional experience in this day an age. Keep up the great work and I will be returning soon for that prawn curry!

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

I wasn't used with Indian food before thinking that is too spicy but MarshRuby offer the best Indian food ever leaving you the choice to spice it how much you like! All the ingredients are a perfect selection of organic and free range products and the taste is amaizing! I could eat there nearly everyday!

The services are good quality and the place is very clean for take away shop. Staff very friendly! To be honest I was quite impressed to find a place which make you feel home!

Hope that will open evenings soon!

1  Thank Zalexalex
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

The food is very tasty and healthy (they use olive oil, brown rice, free range chicken etc.) and not expensive. My favourite is prawn curry with extra chilli.

1  Thank Me123me