“Superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #240 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Great location right in the City. Two minutes walk from Bank Station.

Hotel is brilliant. Room was very comfortable, well decorated, amazing huge bed, great bathroom, excellent shower.

Service was great. I would highly recommend breakfast in bed. Their Eggs Benedict are one of the best I have ever tasted!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank XseniaX
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are delighted that we met your expectations and that you loved the hotel and our service. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Greek first
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed at the Threadneedles hotel for 3 nights recently. The area is very quiet on the weekend and although very close to Bank Tube station first time visitors to London may prefer a location more conveniently located to more London attractions. It would be a great place to stay if you had business in the City. Our room was comfortable but quite dark and oddly designed (very narrow with unusually high ceiling). The furniture was jammed in and I couldn't turn on the lamp because the TV and coffee table prevented me from getting to it. The wallpaper was peeling a little and there were other signs of wear and tear around the room. Bathroom was fine and well-equipped. The lobby area is attractive but I found the way the reception staff stood up from their desk everytime we entered the hotel a little disconcerting. Really you don't have to do that and for me it doesn't add value to my stay at all. With a little updating this could be a very nice hotel but for the premium price we paid I was a little disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rdabca
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We fully take on board your comments about your room needing an upgrade. We are actually in the process of arranging for our rooms to have a soft refurbishment later in the year.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed and felt that you did not get good value for money during your stay with us. I do hope that you will return and ask you to contact me directly on your next visit so that I can personally oversee your stay.
St Albans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed at the Threadneedles Hotel over a weekend as we were at a wedding in the City. We had a great experience and were sorry that we didn't have the time to fully appreciate the hotel. We had a very comfortable quiet room with excellent facilities. The hotel is right in the City, near to Bank tube and close to the Bank of England as the name suggests! Breakfast was very good and it made a pleasant change to be served to your table rather than having a buffet style breakfast. The staff were very friendly and service was good, I loved being able to leave my shoes outside our room for the shoe shine service, particularly as it was a very wet London day. When we got back home we received a bill for the use of the mini bar, which we hadn't had chance to use! I rang the hotel and the Manager was extremely helpful and the problem was rectified straight away. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel in such a beautiful part of London and at the weekend it is so quiet and reasonable for the quality and comfort of your stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for choosing Threadneedles and for taking the time to share your experience. It was a real pleasure to read your kind comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to your next visit! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on that occasion.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I recently stayed at Threadneedles for a quick business trip and had a very good experience. The hotel is well situated in the City, London’s financial district, and is a few blocks from two or three Underground stations. The rates were quite reasonable compared to other hotels in the area and I found the staff to be professional and very courteous. The lobby has a great looking atrium and is perfect for a cup of coffee or tea, or a drink at the end of the day. I didn’t eat at the restaurant, so can’t give a view on the food. The hotel lacks a fitness center, however, which is a big drawback. They have a deal with a health club in the neighborhood, but I much prefer something on site. My room was quite nice with a generous bathroom, though the TV was comically small and, oddly, square. My biggest complaint is that my “king” bed was actually two twin mattresses with a king sheet. That doesn’t count, in my book. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay in a nice boutique hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for choosing Threadneedles for your business trip. Our hotel is very conveniently located, as it is just around the corner from Bank station and few minutes away from Monument and Liverpool Street. I am sorry that we are not able to offer an onsite Fitness Centre at the moment. As you mention, we do work with Virgin Active around the corner as an alternative. We are delighted that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took good care of you. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed in a deluxe twin room for a weekend break. The bedroom, although quite small was nice and we had a lovely en-suite bathroom which was almost the same size as the bedroom. Room was clean, beds, pillows and linen great and we had a very restful night after a hard day shopping. We stayed for breakfast on Sunday morning which was very enjoyable, if a little pricey, but the food was beautifully cooked and the service first class. Highly recommended but a little too far from the West End to be convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Threadneedles, Interim General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
How great it is to hear that you and your daughter had a good stay at Threadneedles. I am sorry if you found our breakfast a little pricey but I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the overall breakfast experience. We are located in the centre of the City, which is not particularly walking distance to the West End but close to many other attractions, and only a short tube or taxi ride away from the West End. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests would recommend us! We hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you very much for your review.