Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South
Ranked #405 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“It's ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I chose this hotel because I needed to be near south Wimbledon and the hotel is right next to Colliers Wood tube. The hotel is currently (Oct 2011) being refurbished and parts of it looked like it needed it (the carpets etc.). But is was ok. The breakfast was good and it was comfortable enough. Loses a mark for charging silly prices for wifi.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ExHiWimbledonSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Firstly thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we value all feedback received whether it is positive or negative, this helps us to improve the services which we provide

As you have mentioned, the hotel is directly opposite Colliers Wood Underground Station and 10 minute walk to Wimbledon South Underground Station, with easy access to Central London within 20 minutes.

We are currently undergoing a refurbishment of the hotel which is due to be completed summer 2012, this will mean all the bedrooms weill have new case goods, fabrics and furniture

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the breakfast we offer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Renovations we underway in the front of the hotel as we came in. The location if you are coming from the subway is .... AWESOME. I couldn't have asked for a better place. Just make sure to ask for a quiet room because it is kind of party central. There is a restaurant next door which is up till hours of the night but it didn't both me. If you are used to having and ice machine on each floor you are sadly mistaken. The ice buckets and machine are found in the front lobby close to the computer area but a little walk was fine for me. For myself I liked using the stairs but there is an elevator if you need it. The staff here was also amazing from the welcome at checkin to the goodbye at checkout. The younger gentleman in the restaurant was very kind and curteous. I think I saw him there everyday for my 6 day stay. All the ladies on the front desk were very helpful from the internet access to me trying to cancel a couple forgot reservations. The one Romanian young lady and another with her at the front were especially very kind for my whole stay. The girls directions helped when my friend and I wanted to go out and get some food close by. Every morning when I came down for breakfast it felt like at home very inviting. I hope I get to travel back to London some day soon because I would stay there again.

If travelling on foot make sure you get an Oyster Card for travel because it's so easy and convenient instead of carrying cash. This works for the buses, trains and subways. Just look at what zones you will be travelling in. If you decide to go outside the prepaid zones for a day just add 5-10 pounds for that day because when you give back your oyster card you get the remaining balance back. I hope this helps and happy travelling.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are planning on going to bed early.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Firstly thank you for taking the time in providing us with your feedback, we value all feedback received whether it is positive or negative, this allows are to improve our services

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff at the hotel, how proffessional they were, I am pleased that the travel information they provided to you was very helpful.

We are currently in the process of a refurbishment of the hotel which is due to be completed summer 2012, within this refurbishment all the bedrooms will be getting new carpets, case goods, furniture and fabrics.

The hotel is directly opposite Colliers Wood Underground station which provides easy access into central London within 20 minutes.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

We are here at present, staff very pleasant, from reception throughout but hotel very jaded, needs total refurb. Room 237 abysmal location, directly below a high voltage electrical pylon. Parking extremely poor.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Firstly thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we value all feedback received whether it is positive or negative, as this allows us to improve the services we offer

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the staff at the hotel being pleasant and helpful.

We are currently in the process of a refurbishment of the hotel, this is due to be completed early summer 2012, as a part of this all the bedrooms are getting new carpets, case goods, furniture and fabrics. As a result of the refurbishment we have lost some of our car parking spaces.

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I've read some of the very mixed reviews for this hotel and can agree - in part - with some of the comments, but overall this hotel offers a dependable place to put one's head down during those occasional periods when one event or another results in central London hotels raising their prices to stupidly high levels.

For me, the location can't be faulted - directly opposite the Colliers Wood tube station, which gets you to Bank (at the heart of The City) in about 25/30 minutes and being near the start of the line, I've generally been able to make the entire journey seated.

I've found the neighbourhood to be quiet, though I sense my Platinum Priority Club memberships has treated me to rooms overlooking the quieter "garden" sides of the building.

The hotel is currently beginning a major renovation project ahead of the Olympics, so I'm sure many of the building fabric issues mentioned by other reviewers will be addressed.

I've found the bedrooms and bathrooms to be fine - well within the standards of the Holiday Inn Express brand.

I do have to agree with the reviewers who've commented on the so-called "hot breakfast". The last time I stayed, none of the hot dishes were hot, not even luke warm. Given other Holiday Inn Expresses, with the same breakfast room facilities, manage to keep food warm, there is no excuse for serving egg and meat products at such low temperatures.

At first sight, the neighbourhood seems to lack restaurants, but I've now eaten twice at the local Italian restaurant, Corleone, a few doors up the street, which I'll be reviewing separately. This offers good value, tasty meals, from a wide menu, with pleasant service in a comfortable setting. And if you show your hotel room key, they'll give you a 10 per cent discount!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Firstly thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we value all feedback whether it is postive or negative, this allows us to improve the services we provide

We are locationed directly opposite Colliers Wood Underground station which gives you easy access to Central London within 20 minutes.

The hotel is in the process of completing a refurbishment of the hotel and this is due to finish early summer 2012, as a result of this all the rooms will be getting new case goods, carpets, furniture and fabrics

The Free breakfast which we offer at the hotel is Continential Buffet Breakfast with three hot items, which are Baked Beans, Sausages and Scrambled Eggs, as an Express hotel this is the Brand Standard Breakfast which we can serve

Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed overnight as it was my cousin's birthday party.

Check in - so-so.

Room. Ok, but then we noticed a leak in the bathroom,. So we were offered a different room. This room had no hot water so we were offered another room. So I guess nobody actually ever checks these rooms.

Breakfast - oh my goodness what a shambles. Cold bacon, rubber eggs and just one big mess.

I got a refund for my stay. This was the second Holiday Inn I stayed it and the previous occasion was just as much of a nightmare. Never again will I use this company

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ianhb71
Firstly thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay with us, we value all feedback whether it is positive or negative as this allows are to improve our service provided

The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment which is due to be completed early summer 2012, as a part of this all the bedrooms are getting new furniture, carpets, case goods, fabrics

The breakfast we provide is the brand standard required for an Express hotel, which is a continental buffet breakfast with three hote items which are scrambled eggs, baked beans and sausages.

Once again thank you for your feedback