“Small annoyances added up...”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #361 of 1,090 Hotels in London
all over
“Small annoyances added up...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel has a great location and a nice lobby. It is very close to a Sainsbury grocery which is handy. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. However, I kept running in to small issues that, all tolled, will make me look for another hotel the next time I'm in London. Here are a few examples:
- I booked on line and my confirmation email clearly stated that breakfast was included in my rate. At breakfast, the hostess said that was not the case and charged me BPS 16.95 every morning. I had to talk to 3 different staff to get this fixed (but it eventually was removed from my bill).
- I left a bag of laundry right in front of the door when I went out in the morning. Anyone coming into the room would have to see it, and probably trip over it. Yet when I returned at 8pm it was still there. I called housekeeping to come pick it up, and they told me to call reception. I called reception, who told me to call housekeeping...
- I had an international call come in and staff at the reception disconnected the caller 4 times before successfully transferring the call to my room.
- I do not understand why the hair dryer is bolted inside the desk drawer, 3 meters away from the nearest mirror.
- There was always a huge line at the reception, with long waits to talk to someone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jenna_ca
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear jenna_ca

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was really disappointed to read that there had been so many issues, especially as you found the Hotel and location so convenient. We have been working with the Reception and Breakfast teams to produce better reports that will allow us to seat our guests more efficiently and quickly in the morning, as we know time is of the essence for a large majority of our early diners. I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your breakfast billing so please be assured that we will continue to review this.

I would genuinely appreciate the opportunity to understand your experience in more detail and as such, please feel free to contact me at the Hotel so I can see how best we can welcome you back again in the future.

Regards

Simon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Regent's Park, although the stay was not worth what the hotel was charging to book normally. We booked through Hotwire and ended up at this hotel for about half of the normal prices -- and thank goodness! The beds were comfortable, the front desk staff was nice, and the concierge helped out multiple times.

Being so close to the Great Portland Street tube stop makes this hotel a great location choice, as the neighborhood was generally quiet. Also near bus stops and a short cab ride to St. Pancras and King's Cross stations.

We were disappointed in there not being free wifi (in 2012, no free wifi? Made getting around and looking things up much more difficult) and bits of mold in the shower, however overall a very nice stay. Wouldn't pay full price on the IC Hotels group or hotels.com pages, but for a hotwire discount stay, we were very pleased.

Room Tip: Ask about an upgrade if you're platinum Priority Club.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hhols2012
Thank you for your review hhols2012. I am very encouraged to read your positive comments about how friendly and willing to help the Team were. Many other travellers have also commented on this along with our great location this year, so I will be pleased to share your feedback with them.

I would like to assure you that our pricing is regularly reviewed and reflective of our Central London location. However, we do have a great range of packages available on our website which we offer throughout the year that are definitely worth reviewing.

We do offer Wifi in the Hotel but at this stage it is not complimentary. We will be sure to review this along with the shower condition and thank you for your comments.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in many HI hotels over the years, most of them I find to be OK or better. This, however was very poor. The room I was placed in was very tired andin drastic need of modernisation.

Threadbare chairs, paint peeling from the inside of the bathroom door, broken and badly fitted bathroom equipment.

Not only that but my bathroom constantly smelt of cigarette smoke, it was a nonsmoking floor.

Theb

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Matt W
Dear Matt W,

I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and in particular your comments around the condition of the room. I would be keen to learn more about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

We have a rolling refurbishment program in place here at the Hotel and have already invested heavily in the Lobby, Restaurant and Bar over the last 24 months. The bedrooms are our very next priority and as such I really appreciate your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience

Warm regards

durham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

OK so it's a London hotel so you have to downgrade your expectations

Rack rate was £350 per night-that would be ridiculous
We paid £150 without breakfast and that was OK

the hotel is located just off a side street and is in a safe enough area.There is a sainsburys local store just round the corner-stock up here for drinks etc

Rooms are on the small side and view was onto an enclosed roof space

there are 3 subway stations within walking distance depending on which line you want but is also walkable to central London attractions

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank canadabound
Dear canadabound,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and sharing your feedback with other travellers. We are very lucky to be so well situated for the Tube and Central London and I am glad that this was a positive point for you. The surrounding neighbourhood is very quiet, however, the inner facing rooms do prove to be very popular due to them reducing some of the city's ambient noise.

We hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed here for just one night before Christmas 2011, so ths is a limited ans quite subjective review.

Rooms were snazzier than you would expect for a Holiday Inn, but they were still furnished to a budget rather than a standard, like he rest o the chain.

Good breakfast, actually especially good for the hangover I was nursing.

You pay for what you get. This hotel was - for my one night, good value.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same.....
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Frank C
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Frank C
I appreciate you taking the time out to review the Hotel and I am glad that your stay was good. I hope you enjoyed the theatre too.