“London Premier inn” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #146 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“London Premier inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Enjoyed a comfy, friendly service. would go back. Staff were all verykind and helpful at all times. Room was clean, although bathroom could have been bit better, but I would go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nm_333333333333
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Biggleswade
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have recently stayed at the Premier Inn at Euston.I found the staff helpful and friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable.It was well worth the money paid.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Norwich, Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here because I had to catch an early train from King's Cross station. Although the check in is automated, I was able to ask for a quiet room, and got number 4 which is on the ground floor at the back, with an interesting view of the car park. Perfect; probably the quietest night I've had in London! I suspect the same would apply to numbers 1,2,6 and possibly 8 also. The restaurant was packed and couldn't really cope in the evening: I had to wait for a table despite having a reservation, though maybe that was my fault for booking at 8.00pm which seemed to be peak time. The staff were rushing around looking stressed, but by 9.00pm it had become much quieter. I left before breakfast, but news queues forming as I went. But, all in all, exactly what I wanted: a quiet night close to King's Cross (and Euston would be equidistant.

Room Tip: 4 was quiet at the back, if you don't mind the view of the carpark. Rooms 1,2,6 and probably 8...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
prestonpans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I have used this hotel on numerous trips to London, as indeed have other members of our family. It has always proved to be very satisfactory, with special note being made this time of the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. If improvements were to be made, the room lighting could be upgraded and the overall decor, although clean and well maintained, could be from a lighter range of colours.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Great location - literally 2 mins walk from Euston train/tube. We've stayed in lots and lots of Premier Inns as a family of four. This trip was just myself and my eldest. Staff were overall OK but we're used to the kids being treated a bit special as they always are in PI hotels. Not this one though. The automated check in machines make for a very cold welcome. The restaurant and menu are not for kids.. At 6pm the place was dim lights, loud music and full of a hen party that the waiter was more than happy to give all his attention... The kids menu is laced with garlic, onions, herbs etc. Bonkers for the kids, really.

I introduced my child & explained very carefully that she is lovely and polite and mildly autistic, and will only eat *very* normal stuff. So I asked for a glass of plain still water, a couple of the plain breakfast type sausages and a handful chips. No herbs, dressing, salads, sauces, no bits, drizzles or speckles - nothing whatsoever but just those basic plain things and I'll pay full price for the meal, just make it OK for her to eat..

The sausages came char grilled cremated and were leek & pork, chips piled high & the water came in a jug full of ice and lime with an adult glass that was too big for her to hold. Now I know this is hardly anything to complain about in a normal situation, but I politely asked for those specific things and in every PI we've stayed they've accommodated my daughter with enthusiasm, a happy smile and a box of crayons but she was treated like an almost invisible adult which frankly infuriated me, especially as the getting louder by the second drunken women were being pandered to like they were royalty..

All she had to eat was a few chips. We tried for ice cream but again, big stupid bowl crammed high.. Just nothing there with this hotel with kids in mind at all. No empathy whatsoever. Great for a 16 year old, but she's 6. We (begrudgingly) paid, left and went elsewhere to eat, as we did for the rest of our stay - inconvenient is an understatement having to walk out for tea in January.. The staff asked if the meal was OK. I said no and explained why, but was told "oh, it's a new menu that". Fortunately there are some good eateries near Euston Station.

We paid a lot for an OK hotel - you'll maybe want to avoid the restaurant if you've brought the nippers. Plan ahead and just use it as a base like we did. My girl *loves* Premier Inn staff and loves to chat to them, but she soon gets the message when they kind of smile awkwardly and shuffle away instead of what we're used to in PI hotels - being given a bit of a attention, a smile, a box of crayons and something to draw on.. The staff are very young, and I'd hazard a guess at foreign students. Not really up to the Premier Inn staff levels we're used to. If you plan on visiting, aim for expecting nothing special and anything then is a bonus. I'm thinking when we visit again this year we will probably try elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and overlooking the dance school if you want quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cpt_Cabinets
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests enjoy a relaxing stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.