All reviewsknightsbridge tube stationmolton brown toiletriesunusual hotellift doorfluffy dressing gownssloane stbreakfast served in the roomharvey nickstypical hoteluntil midnightcomfortable place to staylovely little hotelliterally around the cornernice toiletriesa stones throwbottled waterquiet street
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely little hotel in Knightsbridge located just around the corner from Harrods.
Upon entrance (a little difficult to find but easy to phone reception and they'll happily guide you) you have entrance into the hotel by an old slide door style lift. My only problem was the reception is more of an office, however this is minor as the staff are excellent and the rooms are spacious (we had a double room) and modern.
Room service for breakfast was excellent, with a choice of morning paper and food.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1JD7
SRGR, Manager at Roof Garden Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear you found our location convenient, rooms modern, spacious and comfortable. Many thanks for your kind comments about our team, I will certainly make sure to share it with them. Also thank you for recommending us to other travellers.

Please kindly do not hesitate to contact one of us if there is anything else we could help you with in the mean time.

Once again thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you with us on some other occasion on the future.

Neringa Zutautaite
Bedrooms Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Stayed for one night. 5 ladies on college reunion. Lift from pavement level was quirky and created some laughs. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms tight for space but comfortable. Our shower failed to work and admittedly we forgot to mention it. Room 10. Lovely breakfast on roof terrace. Brilliant location. Certainly suited our needs.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carolyn S
SRGR, Manager at Roof Garden Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Carolyn S.,

Many thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very happy you have chosen us to mark your special college reunion.

I am delighted to learn that you found our lift quirky and it was entertaining to ride it. Many thanks for your kind words about our team, I will make sure to pass it on to them. It is great to know that you all were comfortable, enjoyed your breakfast and took a full advantage of the location.

Many thanks for raising the shower issue, I will make sure to address it to the maintenance team.

Once again we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on some other occasion in the future.

Neringa Zutautaite
Bedrooms Manager

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This sets a new low for poor quality. From start to finish it is bad. I stayed one night. One night too many. This is a con. Not an hotel. No obvious sign to tell you the way in should be a signal. Yes there is a small one on an anonymous door. Reception is a joke. Lifts are from the 1950s. Service non existent. You need to order breakfast to be delivered to your room. I did. It wasn't! As for the claim that all the rooms have king sized beds that is simply a lie. My room was so small a king sized bed would not have fitted. I am left with a clear impression of a property developer trying to con the public that this dump is an hotel. It is not. They get you to pay when you check in. That says it all. Please avoid this place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank Frank D
SRGR, Manager at Roof Garden Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Frank D.,

Many thanks for taking time to post your opinion on Tripadvisor. Whether positive or negative opinions help us to monitor and improve the service we provide. We are sorry that Searcys Roof Garden rooms was not for you and did not meet your expectations.

We are sorry you did not enjoy the entry via the lift, however we are very proud of our unusual entry as it gives quirkiness to the building and I am sure you were informed of it in your confirmation letter. We are sorry to hear you did not get a chance to try our breakfast as we found your breakfast card completed, but unfortunately you left it in your room and did not leave on the door for us to prepare it ( and did not give us a chance to prepare it for you).

Regarding the sizes of the beds we can reassure you that all our double rooms have super king beds, however you were booked into a single bedroom, which obviously has a standard single bed. We are sure you had received your confirmation of a single bedroom booked rather than a double ( with super king bed) and also been informed of the sizes, facilities available, ect. We would never mislead our guests we can squeeze a super king bed into a single room as you are absolutely right – bigger bed than standard single would never fit there.

Once again we are sorry to learn our little hide away was not for you and we are wishing to find your perfect place in London.

Management Team

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I had to stay overnight in London for business.
My colleague made the reservation for me through a well know search engine (provider). I got a single room (also called "the room with no number") and paid more than him (in a double room). My room was 4x3 mts (12 ft x 9 ft) with a very tiny bathroom (half tub and toilet). The room was just as big to fit a single bed and the sink.
On the other hand, I have to say that personnel was kind and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Wouldn’t it be nice if we all had an eccentric rich Aunt with a flat in Knightsbridge where we could crash out when in London?
Now we do.
Last night we went to see Nigel Kennedy at the Royal Albert Hall. The show overran and didn’t finish until midnight but having walked from RAH, we were safe in bed at Aunties by half past midnight. In the morning, her maid brought tea, coffee, orange juice, croissants and pastries to our room.
Aunties flat is just round the corner from the back of Harrods, in what looks like a Georgian house. You must ignore the fancy main door with pot plants either side and find her side door, press the button to get the lift to the ground floor and then press the bell to tell her maid to open the door. Once inside, she gives you your own keys so you can then come and go as you like.
Seriously, if you want a “proper” hotel; on a main road with a big foyer, bar, lounge, restaurant etc. then Searcy’s Roof Garden Rooms are not for you – avoid. But if you want somewhere comfortable to sleep in this posh part of town, then it’s ideal. For £180 we had a nicely furnished 5x4m room with generous bathroom (shower, bath, fluffy dressing gowns & nice toiletries) and breakfast. The staff (24x7) were pleasant and helpful. The roof terrace was handy for the odd ciggy and OK it could do with as bit of a tidy up, but it is the end of winter and a few signs to help know which lift door to open and which way to push it would be nice but overall, it was very good value for money and we enjoyed a very good night’s stay.
Finally, Aunty does occasionally have “does” with music down stairs but she says she will always email to let you know before you arrive.

Room Tip: Higher the better if OK with stairs
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple