“Good French in Chelsea London”
Review of Medlar

Medlar
Reserve with OpenTable
Medlar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 34 - US$ 51
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The food was very good, and the wine selection was decent at reasonable prices. The service was excellent, and we will be back again for our next trip into London. Nice extra was the music star celebrity sitting at the table next to us.

Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

I visited London in June and the lunch I had at Medlar was definitely the best meal I had in my trip. The environment was nice and relaxing; service professional and delightful; and our food was cooked to perfection.

My personal favourite was the crab ravioli! It's mind-blowing amazing with sweet and succulent crab meat in the raviolo and that rich and flavorful sauce. Its simply heavenly!

The under-blade fillet was superb as well. The steak was tender and "beefy" (my apologies for the lack of vocabulary to describe such a nice dish). The fries went really well with that creamy béarnaise sauce. Another must-try dish of the restaurant!

I'd definitely go back when I visit London again!

1  Thank yayyyyy
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Wonderful warm welcome, good humoured service, wide selection of wines and a kitchen that knows what it's doing. Well worth a visit to experience all the positives.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I went to Medlar with friends in May and loved it. We had a booth upstairs so it was a bit quieter, but the service was excellent - very French, friendly, down to earth but very knowledgeable.

Great food, a limited choice on the fixed menu but everything is good so no worries there. I had crab raviolo and steak, both perfect. We sent back our bottle of rose because it was too warm so were given a free dessert as an apology - an unexpected pleasure. The cheese board was possibly the best I've ever had, very generous with the amount of choices you could make, it was made to be fun.

We also stayed at the table all night which is refreshing in London nowadays. This did mean that we spent more than usual but totally worth it. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

12-30, lunchtime on a Wednesday. Surely not the busiest time of the week? How mistaken I was!
By 1 o'clock it was humming.
A multi choice menu was studied and decisions made. Not too much, I decided, but the dishes did sound appealing. I was not wrong; they were a delight. Crab raviolo to start and monkfish to follow. Oh boy!
Yes, I did resist the delights presented by the dessert options - but my colleague succumbed. It was a tough call, and had it been an evening meal, yes I would have too!

Looking around, I was not alone; other diners were enjoying their meals and the relaxed ambience the restauirant offers.

Oh for the opportunity to return!