“by far the best burgers in London!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #322 of 21,831 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 19
Cuisines: American, Bar, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Aloha! Welcome To Kua 'Aina - Our Burger and Sandwich Grill faithful to the original on Hawaii's North Shore which opened in 1975. Lava-grilled burgers, succulent sandwiches and delicious salads all served with a ray of sunshine! We also offer a wide range of fluffy American pancakes, sumptuous brunch, real ice cream milkshakes, specialty cocktails, Hawaiian craft beer and much more. Mahalo (Hawaiian for "thanks!") and see you soon!
uk
“by far the best burgers in London!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Nice cosy atmosphere.

Fries were crispy and absolutely lovely!

the Burgers were done nicely, the buns were tasty, it was such a good meal.

the half-a-carrot stick was pretty random though.....

Kua Aina <3

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
West Sussex, UK
“Really good burgers from this unassuming cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

We dropped into this little cramped cafe simply because the chain burger joint a few yards away had not opened as yet. We were really glad we did the burgers were well presented, freshly cooked to order (Worth the wait!) and juicy and tasty, the chips hot and salty.

The service friendly and helpful, the place seems to have a good number of regular locals and a few passers by like us.

The menu consists of a variety of burgers, sandwiches and salads

The usual selection of cold drinks, imported Hawaiian beer, and really good coffee

My advice avoid the chain joint next door and try here! Its cheaper too

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank Tabora1
London
“Great for late evening, sitting outside eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Stopped off with my son for a quick snack after shopping on Carnaby St at what looked a bit like a caff rather than cafe. Nice surprise that the food was good, had to wait 15 mins for our chips after our burgers had arrived but they seemed a bit under prepared for the number of customers they had - special Christmas shopping event. The wait didn't matter as the atmosphere was great, bustling and so cool sitting outside in November under the heaters. I'd go back.

1 Thank ThePirateWitch
Reading, UK
“Very tasty burgers-amongst the best I've tasted, and I've tasted a few!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We went on a Grouon deal, which was an amazing £13 for really tasty buregrs-Avo burger is great, as were the crispy sweet potato wedges (which looked morelike fries to me). It's a cafe with an outside eating area, just off Carnaby Street, and being part of a small Hawaiian chain, which seems to have more outlets in Japan than anywhere else, it's certainly worth trying for a really tasty burger when you're in the area.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank andyone100
Guildford, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't call that Hawaiian....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We're going to Hawaii soon, so as a "warm up" we headed to Kua 'Aina for lunch last week. We walked in and were checking out the menu boards when the girl at the till sort of grunted and handed us paper menus. My husband went and got a table and I went and ordered. We weren't asked whether we wanted the burgers cooked any differently from the standard medium so I asked literally a second after I placed the order and the girl seemed a bit put out that I hadn't mentioned it before (despite the fact there were no other orders on and the guys were cooking the burgers two feet behind her, so she actually didn't need to input it on the system!) I wasn't offered any glasses or ice for the drinks (don't know if that's the norm, and I'm not that fussed by that but thought I would mention it as I know some people would be). The food was good (probably GBK standard burger but the chips were much nicer-seasoned skinny fries). The home made coleslaw was nice also, The girl who brought the food to our table (who I think was American from her accent) was really friendly and came back to check on us as well, and cleared the table quickly after we had finished eating. I noticed there was a tip jar by the till, but they'd do better asking for tips at the end of the meal considering the floor service was far better than the service I received at the till. I'm interested to see how the Hawaiian chains will compare...

• Visited October 2011