“My Grandaughter's Favouite Museum” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ragged School Museum
Greater London, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“My Grandaughter's Favouite Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

Every school holiday I take my 7 year old grandaughter to a museum and what I find interesting is that her top 3 are the Ragged School, the Horniman & the Museum of Childhood. The main reason that she so loves the Ragged School is that the people that work there are so exceptionaly friendly & helpful. She made a clay bust of Queen Victoria, made a crown mainly did lots of crafts. There's a wonderful old classroom. I couldn't recommend highly enough

7 Thank curryking
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“A little gem of a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2008

Yesterday I went to the Ragged School Museum. The highlight of the visit was being transported back to 1888 to have a lesson in Miss Perkin's classroom. Miss Perkins (in full Victorian costume) took the register, inspected our hands for cleanliness and said a prayer. We then had to practise our copying skills with our slates and pencils, copying the letters from the blackboard... and then arithmetic. We had to repeat sentences for our pronunciation and learn spelling. There was no slouching, fidgeting or talking allowed. It was a lot of fun, and really interesting. It was surprising how similar it was to my school days and also how different.

I ended up buying a pile of stuff in the shop - my own slate and pencil, a nib pen, copy book... all sorts.

The café is a simple affair where they boil up the kettle to make you a mug of tea and, with a fairly cake, charge you a grand total of £1.50. Fruit was 20p a piece. Good value!

It was a good day!

Sunday Open House - from 2pm to 5pm on the first Sunday afternoon of every month

10 Thank jdbri