Mabledon Court Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
The Euro Hotel(London)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshour receptionking's cross stshort staycheap hotelfour nightsenglish breakfastbritish museumyogurtpancrasrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although not a luxurious hotel it serves more than adequately for a stopover for Kings X .St Pancras and Euston stations.
This is the second time we have needed overnight accommodation before an earlyish Eurostar departure.We did not want to risk a long train journey from the North East being delayed and missing our Eurostar connection for our Xmas break( no choice on departure time).
The Mabledon is great value b and b ( for London) and convenient for the stations and a night out in the West End before hand.
The rooms are bijou but comfortable and the breakfast menu is good for the cost.

And more than enough time to wander across the road to join the Xmas queues for Eurostar the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Mabeldon court hotel has one thing going for it, and that's the bowl of complimentary mints at the door.
I'm not too precious when it comes to a bed for the night so long as it is clean and relatively quiet, two things you won't find in this doss house.
We arrived a bit late and were greeted at the reception by someone who clearly didn't want to be there - with whom I can sympathize!
On first impression the décor is a bit dated but we expected that. However when we got to our room and struggled through the tiny door and narrow passage to find our bed hard up against the wall and only accessible from one side.
We were thrilled at how close together this experience would bring us. You must ask yourselves, would you rather be woken up by being clambered over in the middle of the night, or the climber? Although I wouldn't worry too much about sleeping, the thin walls and beer garden out back for the pub next door will keep you up.

The room was dirty, I don't mean like it hadn't been hoovered, the dirt is ground into the carpet, complete with dubious stains on the curtains, which if you are more than 6' tall, will touch your feet.

The shower is tiny and only suitable for people sub 5'. The shower curtain will grope you, it's unavoidable, don't think too hard about all the others that it's touched since it was last cleaned...

Breakfast was average, the service was good but the tables are far too small.

In summary, the Mabeldon court hotel is really cramped, a bit grubby and generally unpleasant.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my first stay at Mabledon Court. I paid £105.00 for the night in a double room including breakfast. For someone needing easy access to both Euston and Kings Cross St Pancreas, this is in an excellent location. I had a double room. It was a small double. The room was unbearably hot (in winter) even with the powerful radiator turned off.I was on the grund floor and there was no opening window. Complimentary WiFi was excellent and there was a decent space to work. The en suite shower room was very small and not really up to standard. The shower head is situated so low down that it was very hard to use and it soaked the floor. Overall, the room was basic but well located. It was clean but a bit rough round the edges. Staff were welcoming and helpful. I think if you wanted a cheap and clean room for one night and weren't too bothered about a nice bathroom, this would be fine.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I needed to stay just one night in London before traveling to Gatwick for an overseas flight. I generally pay £150 on average for a hotel in London. This hotel was £70. It was an older building. The room was small. However the room was clean and everything worked well. The heater worked well. Plenty of hot water. The bed was comfortable.

Hotel is located within walking distance of Euston, Kings Cross, St Pancras rail stations. The hotel has an elevator (which was handy for me as I had two large bags).

A breakfast was included in the price of the hotel. The food was very good – – Fried eggs, sausages, rashers, toast and beans. A typical English breakfast.

I recommend the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Made an incorrect booking for a week later than originally planned, my booking was non-refundable which I totally accept. I called up 5 minutes after making the booking realising my mistake. The gent on the other end of the phone absolutely refused to take into consideration that the booking had only been made a matter of minutes ago and whether the date of my booking could be changed. I think there's a different between not being able to do something and not wanting to, in this case I believe they just wanted to keep the money with little regard for the customer on the end of my phone. I'd rather just take the loss and stay somewhere else now!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends