Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #139 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 August 2012

A clean, comfortable bed and unlimited breakfast for under £120 for two in peak time - what's not to like - especially given the hotel is right next to the London Eye in the centre of town. Booking and checking in and out was easy. All staff were very friendly and efficient - our successful stay means we'll seek out Premier Inns in future for very good value. We stayed for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay, and found our breakfast, team and value to have met with your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Had a very pleasant stay at the Premier recently. The location is very good, being so close to the London Eye, Westminster Bridge, Big Ben etc. As others have said, it is easy walking distance to other attractions also. The hop-on hop-off bus tours leave from just by the Lion statue near the Bridge- very convenient indeed.
First impressions are very very important to me, and as usual-in my experience of the Premier Inn Hotels- the Premier, County Hall got this right. I was greeted on arrival by a smiling member of staff, who immediately made me feel welcome. I was too early for check in, but my bag was safely stowed in a luggage room, until I returned shortly after 2 p.m. My bag was also stored for me, on my last day there.
I had requested a room with a view, and on a high floor, and was satisfied on both counts. The room faced onto Jubilee Gardens, and was on the 5th floor, so it was quiet. Nice spacious room, tea and coffee making facilities, and extremely clean.
The weather was beautiful during my stay. As pointed out by other reviewers there is no air-con, which I understand is due to this being a listed building.
I found the temperature of the room perfect. The curtains were drawn when I arrived, the window was open and a fan was set up to keep the room cool.
The hotel is very easy to find. If you get off the Tube, as I did, at Westminster station, walk across Westminster Bridge, you can see the County Hall building, facing you, by the river. Turn into Belvedere Road, and there it is!
There are a number of little restaurants, and a Starbucks directly opposite the hotel, as well as a 24 hour shop, very convenient for bottled water, snacks etc.
The Premier breakfast was the usual standard, usual variety, fresh, hot and plentiful. The staff in the breakfast room were friendly and very efficient. There is a little notice in the lift advising that some times are busier in the breakfast room than others. I am an early riser, so this wasn't an issue for me.
I still haven't figured out how to get cheap rates at the Premier Inns, I definitely wasn't on a cheap rate! Having said that, the Premier delivers what it promises-a comfortable stay. Top marks to each and every member of staff, I met.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, definitely, and I will be back!

Room Tip: Corner room facing Jubilee Gardens on 5th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Galway_Lady

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our rooms, check in and location. As you note, we try and keep the rooms as cool as possible by closing curtains, placing fans and opening windows. It is difficult to install air conditioning due to listed building complications, although many of our other Premier Inns in London do feature air conditioning. I am pleased that you made use of our left luggage and enjoyed our breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had a really fantastic stay at this Premier Inn. The staff were outstanding! Room was lovely and clean, fans were provided as it was hot at night. Food was also very good, breakfast especially very good.

We had Olympic tickets for the stadium and whne we got back in the evening so many of the staff were so excited for us asking how we got on, they were fantastic! Special thanks to Lorraine Nicholas (reception) who was just so amazingly helpful and kind. Also lovely Sophie and Maddison in the restaurant, both were delightful!

We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback about our rooms and breakfast. I have also passed your feedback directly onto the team members who helped bring your experience with us to life. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My better half and I booked here when we went to see Paul Simon in Hyde Park. The location was ideal as it was so central. We easily walked there from Waterloo Station and Hyde Park was a short cab ride away.
Our room was clean, the bed was comfy and the staff courteous and professional. It's not a place I would pick as a romantic destination, but for our purposes it was perfect. Checking in was slick.
My one gripe would be the breakfast. On the website and menu it looked amazing. It was not. It promised 'Costa coffee', which came via a machine (to be fair the machine did have the Costa logo on it) and tasted awful. If you want any kind of eggs rather than the horrible scrambled eggs on the buffet, you have to order them separately that is if you can pin down a member of (very stretched, harassed) staff and they take a long time to arrive. The rest of the food is uninspiring. Next time we will not book breakfast, simply go out and find somewhere.
That said, for the location and comfort this is excellent value for money

Room Tip: There are rooms facing on to the Thames...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted you enjoyed our central location and our clean and comfortable rooms and beds. Thank you for your feedback about our breakfast service, our coffee machines do dispense costa coffee, and our scrambelled eggs are made fresh each day. I apologise if our breakfast did not meet with your expectations, I will pass your feedback on to our breakfast chefs. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We had tickets for the morning session at the Olympics and booked this hotel to minimise travelling time to Stratford. We found the welcome professional and friendly, our room was large, clean, and comfortable, and the breakfast really first class, (good to see British products). We had the window open and there was some noise, but we expected this in a big city and it did not continue late into the night. I would rather be able to open a window than be in an hermetically sealed air conditioned box. The location allows for pleasant strolling along the South Bank or across Westminster Bridge. Waterloo and Westminster Underground stations are within a convenient walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SammiF2012
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our team, breakfast, room and location all exceeded your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.