“Olympic trip”

Ranked #133 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Olympic trip”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was staying in this hotel for three nights during the Olympic games and I thought it was faultless. Premier inn was the cheapest hotel chain during the Olympics by around 100GBP per night. It was fantastic. The hotel was no more than a 20 second walk to the London eye and Waterloo station is 5 minutes away. The staff were exceptionally friendly and were always greeting us. Our family room had 1 double and 2 single beds. The breakfast was great. I could find no faults with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our central location, team and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay. The staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. We were able to drop our luggage off early in the morning prior to booking in, so we did not need to take with us to see the Equestrian Cross Country. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic, good selection and as much as you can eat. Excellent location for sightseeing - London Eye on the doorstep! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our rooms, team, location and you made use of our luggage facility. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Expensive for this time of year and so more a location thing for us than value for money - all rooms in London that night were 200GBP plus.
Stayed up for the Olympics.
This hotel is 10 minutes easy walk from the back of the Waterloo station so its just so handy for London eye, Westminster , the Cricket etc.
The rooms are quite good and the staff are effecient at check in and check out. We were arriving late so phoned the hotel and they put a note on the reservation that we would be there after midnight for check in (the event finished very late) so no chance of checking in beforehand.
The room didnt have air con so a bit warm, but a fan had been provided, but the layout of the L shaped room meant only the third childs bed got any. The beds are so so comfy and they have made a great deal of effort on this and the pilows. Very clean bedroom and bathroom. TV was a let down due to its lop sided stand but didnt have time to get it looked at as we were pushed for time. Didnt use the free 30 mins wifi but still a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our central location, comfortable beds (we use the same beds that the Queen uses!) and our team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed overnight on Friday 27 July and had a very comfortable and pleasant experience at County Hall. The room was spacious, clean and fresh and the bathroom was adequate. Only thing I didn't like was the shower wash out of a large container on the wall and the liquid soap also out of a large container fixed to the wall. I can understand the reasons for this but not my preference. All the staff were attentive, friendly and professional and well dressed. The food int he bar at 1 am in the morning was excellent and breakfast in the morning was well presented, hot and value for money

Room Tip: Try and get a room that is not facing the back yard, as you don't have a good view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our breakfast, late night food and team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2012

stayed at County Hall from July 10-13 on the last leg of our European trip. the location is perfect and that was exactly what I was looking for when I booked the hotel. We walked everywhere including Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, and of course Big Ben across the Thames. The hotel was adequate with a nice view of a brick wall. Although it was very rainy and damp the room was still warm so I left the windows open(unable to open more that an few centimetres) but was jolted awake every morning around 5:30 am by what I can only assume was delivers or garbage collecting. Luckily I am an early riser and we did have tea in our room. Did not seem to wake my 14 year old daughter though. The staff were very pleasant and I really did not care for the kiosks since the last night I wanted to get an early wake up call for 4 am to get to the airport I was unable to complete my request via phone line and therefore had to ask one of the staff to call. She obliged with a sticky note and that did not make me feel very comfortable that I would receive a call and therefore did not sleep well. I would have had a better night sleep if I could have called the "front desk". We did not include the breakfast in our stay but one night ate at the restaurant since it was pouring rain and did enjoy the salmon. The beds were comfy but the bathroom door was weird since it closed automatically. If I every return to London I would stay at this hotel for a short period based on location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location, restaurant and team. We have removed a reception desk to allow the team to move around our reception and interact with our guests, I apologise if this did not give you the benefits that you were looking for when using our wakeup call service. I regret that you were disturbed by outside noise, if you stay again please dont hesitate to call our 24 hour team on 5555 and we will instantly look into any noise issues. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.