“Colored Lights of Canary Wharf”
other travellers have booked this property
Coffee on the balcony on a sunny day
Light & spacious dining/reception with water views on two sides Canary Wharf view from the balcony, reception room and kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coffee on the balcony on a sunny day
Light & spacious dining/reception with water views on two sides
Canary Wharf view from the balcony, reception room and kitchen
Master bedroom with kingsize bed
Dining area with view across docks to Canary Wharf
Reception area has comfortable sofa-bed
Sit and watch the ducks and boats go past the window
View from the balcony at night
Large L shaped balcony with west-facing views across water,
Unwind at the end of the day on the sunny balcony
Second bedroom can have one or two single beds, or a superkingsize bed
Harbour views from both bedroom windows
Even the kitchen has views across the docks
Kitchen with all necessary appliances
Family bathroom with bath tub and shower
Complimentary towels and toiletries
Floor Plan
Map showing correct location
View of large balcony
View of apartment with the 02 Arena behind
Shopping Mall in Canary Wharf
Canary wharf has many restaurants, bars and cafes
Good Food Guide listed \'The Gun\' is 5 mins walk
Al fresco dining on the balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Spanish first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Colored Lights of Canary Wharf”
Reviewed 13 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

We stayed in Gillian's lovely apartment in early Sept. for 8 nights. The pictures look exactly like the apartment, cute, clean and a gorgeous view to enjoy after a long day of touring. It is a bit far from the Canary Wharf tube if you have little ones (15 minutes walking), but perfect for us as we enjoyed the nightly walk through the buildings and lights. Canary Wharf has everything you need: groceries, Starbucks, quick lunch spots (Birley's), and bank machines from Barclays for cash.
A beautiful old Pub is a block away which we enjoyed twice, once for Pub food and once for a nice dinner.
Gillian was most helpful and gave directions to get us settled in. She also helped us arrange a car service for pick-up at Heathrow because the apartment is on the far side of London. The only real problem we had was wireless internet with BTF (we didn't have a UK phone so internet needed to be our connection) who overcharged me. I wrote to Gillian and right away she gave me a contact number for help, meanwhile I heard from BTF and they refunded the overcharge. We found McDonalds a couple of blocks away was our best source for getting on line quickly so we stopped there daily for breakfast or a drink on our way home.
Beds were so comfortable, and once we figured out the shower system for adjustment, good showers were had by all. All four of us never did figure out how to get our clothes out of the dryer system (I guess they need to cool first), so we hung a make-shift clothes line which worked fine. All in all we would definitely recommend her apartment to those who don't mind walking. (There is a DLR a bit closer, but we found as an out-of-towner, taking the Jubilee line at Canary Wharf was easier for us and more direct.)
Upon check in, Gillian had a full fruit basket and cookie jar waiting for us, and had the basics in the kitchen as well as cleaning products.
If you are looking for clean apartment with a gorgeous view this is the place for you.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Inconsistent internet access
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Families with teenagers Tourists
Rugged travelers
13 Oct 2011
Thank you for such a lovely review, I'm so glad I was able to help with sorting out your internet issues, and I've now made sure all the washer-dryer instructions are available for future guests!
Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Liked best: Location, and ambience
Liked least: Intermittent internet
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
7 Oct 2011
What a lovely, informative review. Thank you so much and I'm delighted that you all had a good holiday.
I will be installing WiFi internet next year, which will probably come with a landline phone with an honesty box for those who don't have UK compatible mobiles phones.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely location”
Reviewed 8 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

We really enjoyed staying in this apartment, the location by the waterfront was lovely, very peaceful and calm after the bustle of central london during the day. The DLR was a 5 minute walk through the docks, and was only about 15mins into Bank and all main tube lines. The apartment itself had everything we needed, was very clean and modern. Gillian made us feel very welcome and having basic stocks of tea/coffee etc available was very handy.

We would definately recommend and stay here again.

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 25-34
8 Sep 2011
Thanks you for being such considerate guests, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in London.
Italy
Reviewed 26 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
26 Aug 2011
Thanks you for such kind comments, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for leaving the apartment so clean and tidy! Do come again.
HelenMtPl...
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“We expeienced a very peaceful and relaxing stay in busy Lonon”
Reviewed 13 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We appreciated the hospitality and helpfulness of the owner. Our favorite thing was to sit outside on the balcony and admire the amazing water and urban architecture views as we sipped our morning coffee and evening wine. Great retreat from the hustle and bustle, yet close enough to London attractions. In a word, wonderful!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 153
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing