“Best of London”
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #326 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have stayed in London a few times and always been somewhat disappointed with the accommodations. Typically we would have to sacrifice comfort and modernism for location due to prices, but then we found The Levin! Knightsbridge is one of our favorite areas, so this location was perfect. The amenities were exactly what we look for in a hotel. Boutique style, but still comfortable and modern. We loved the ambiance (decorations, elevator, etc.) We will definitely be staying here every time we are in London. To top it all off, access to the Underground was as easy as it gets.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay with us on Trip advisor.
I am most great full for your feedback, wich is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, it helps to monitor the service and standards we provide.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well and your overall impression of the hotel was excellent.
Please contact me directly for your next visit to London and I am happy to help you with any reservations.
Wishing you all the best

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We have been regular visitors to London for the last 20 years and think The Levin is by far the best hotel we have stayed in.
A small high quality hotel in a great location with staff that are the most hospitable we have come across.
We have booked again for a stay in 3 months time - that will be our 4th time in The Levin - and are looking forward to our usual warm welcome.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Helen E
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing such a nice review for The Levin Hotel.
It makes me very happy to know that we are living up to your expectations on every visit.
The team do work very hard and are very committed and it reassures me that we are doing a good job.
I will pass your lovely comments to all of the staff and I look very much forward to your next visit.
Best wishes

Reviewed 30 June 2012

My family just returned from the UK where we found on Trip Advisor this lovely small hotel in London. The Levin is a wonderful boutique located steps from Harrods with great shopping and restaurants all around. It is down a very nice little street, so you feel like you are a part of the neighborhood And a very nice one it is. Knightsbridge is a very chic, wealthy area. Our teenager was in heaven.
There were three of us so we had the Jr. Suite. Beautifully decorated with a modern sensibility. Lots of space and a luxurious bath. But what stands out about The Levin is the staff. Beatrice was so nice, looking after our every need and was just so charming and nice. All the staff in the restaurant were fun and extra nice to us no matter what time of day or night we popped in. Everyone just went out of their way to ensure we had a great holiday and indeed we did. I would definitely stay at The Levin and can't wait to return.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking some time and writing a nice review from your recent stay on trip advisor
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I will share your comments with my team
Please let me know of any future visits to London and I be more than happy to help with any reservations
Wishing you all the best

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed here for four nights and took the underground direct from the Heathrow airport to the Knightsbridge station, which is literally 100 feet away, and right next to Harrods.

The service was excellent, they booked discounted tickets for the London Eye, Tower of London and War Horse, which has been sold out for two months. There was a free continental breakfast that we had delivered to the room every morning.

Rooms were very new, clean and spacious (for London).

Overall, a very nice experience. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cory235
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review from your recent visit at The Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and we ticked all the boxes.
My team is very dedicated and all of them are very passionate about our little hotel.
Each of my team members will go out of their way to make sure that our guests go away with good memories and wanting to return to the Levin.
Hope to see you again in the future.
Best wishes

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I put a lot of thought into where we would stay during each leg of our big European family trip. Our last leg of the journey was a three day stay in London and we wanted it to be just right. I couldn't have chosen better than The Levin! One of the compelling features that drew me to The Levin was proximity to Harrod's-and they are not kidding when they say it's a scone's throw away-it's literally footsteps. The hotel is darling-with lovely rooms that feel fresh and modern, but simultaneously intimate and cozy. The hotel just feels good-and this is the best part--the staff. Upon arrival at Heathrow, the lovely Graham Plowright called to check on us as we had arranged for transport to the hotel. Upon arrival at The Levin, Graham and the lovely manager, Harold Duttine, came out into the street to greet our van. Even more impressive-they remembered that we were celebrating my mother's 89th birthday on this trip-arranging for a freshly baked cake for one of our afternoon teas at the hotel's charming restaurant-Le Metro. It's a terrific place to eat and breakfast is-yes, lovely. We had four rooms during our stay-occupying 1/3 of The Levin's 12 rooms! I really enjoyed the Deluxe rooms in particular. When we departed I felt like we were leaving friends-Harold, Graham, Ramona, Eniko, Beatrice, Rob and the list goes on. We'll be back!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you so much for your time in writing such a great review from your recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you and your family had a good stay and it was our pleasure to arrange something special for you.
I do hope you’re Mum and the rest of the family enjoyed the little surprise we had arranged for the special day.
Please let us know any future visits to London and I am more than happy to help with any reservations.
Wishing you all the very best