“Excellent Hotel, Attentive Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #307 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Boston, MA
“Excellent Hotel, Attentive Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Thank you Trip Advisor users! Previous reviews by travelers steered me in the direction of The Levin as I planned a part work/part pleasure weeklong trip to the UK. Eventually I took reviewers' advice and booked my room. All the praise for this little London gem is spot on. With only 2 days to spend in London and because I was traveling alone, I hoped for a place that was small, safe, and well situated. The Levin is it. Staff was extremely attentive and friendly, genuinely interested in my well being, and thoroughly professional. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable, fitted with a lovely bathroom, luxurious bedding, and wifi access that is both reliable and free. Many of London's top shops, parks, and sights are within walking distance. Because I rise early, I was given the option of taking a continental breakfast in my room at an earlier time than the restaurant begins serving. I'm fine with toast or cereal and yogurt with fruit in the morning, but if you prefer a full breakfast, you only have to wait until 7:30. The first two days of being so well cared for in London set the tone for the rest of my week in England. Thank you, Levin staff, for doing what you do so well. I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AuthorJane
Harald D, General Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you for your nice review.
I am very happy that you had a lovely stay and I will pass your nice comments on to my team.
I`m very proud of my team and we will continue with our excellent service to make sure that all our guest leave happy and with good memories.
I look very much forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I recently spent a couple of days here during a short break with friends, and I was really impressed.
The service was perfect, the staff professional, very helpful every time I had an enquire and the rooms were spotless.
I had a classic double room with a front view, beautifully decorated, with good quality amenities, small champagne bar and plenty of penguin classics to read!!
The location of The Levin is definitely a bonus whatever your reason for coming to London, may it be business, shopping or sightseeing: everything is on your doorstep!!
Will definitely come back this year with family and have already recommended to all my friends!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lathatatlan
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write such a very nice review on trip advisor.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends.
Please let me know of any further visits to London and I am happy to help you with any reservations and I look forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We just got back from a weekend in London staying at the Levin for the first time. My wife and I were with our 9 year-old son. I had chosen the Levin partly because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I phoned them to book directly and they could not have been more helpful from that first conversation. They gave us the last room available for that weekend and told us they would make sure we had enough room for a fold-out bed for our son. When we arrived they gave us the most delightful room with loads of space, beautifully decorated and bang-up-to-date with everything you could need. But we were blown away by just how friendly the staff were. There were always 2 people in the entrance hall waiting to greet you (by name) and to see if they could do anything for you ("shall we send some tea up to your room?""do you need help with a dinner reservation?" etc). The location is fantastic also. It is a cliche, but we really feel we have found our 'home-from-home' in London and knowing that we have a lovely place to stay will mean we go back to London more often - hopefully.

Room Tip: We would be sure any room is a good one.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gbgsypots
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
II am so thrilled that you and your family had a lovely stay with us.
Positive feedback like yours will help us to maintain our excellent standards and our position on trip advisor and I`m very great full for this.
Many many thanks and please let me know of any future visits to London and I am more than happy to help you with the reservation.

Wishing you all the best

Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I would echo what recent reviews have said. This is a small boutique hotel perfectly located a block from Harrod's and almost as close to Harvey Nichols, in Knightsbridge. Convenient to everywhere in London, as it is one minute's walk to the tube. I stayed here 4 nights with my daughter while she was on break from college. The entire staff, beginning with Harald Duttine, the manager, was exceptionally solicitous and helpful. I can't remember staying in a hotel where every single personal was so friendly and helpful, including the housemaids. Every time we came downstairs or walked in the door, they asked what we had done, how they could help,etc. They always offered tea and coffee when we came in. Great ideas for where to visit, to eat, how to get there, etc. The room was lovely -not big- but perfect for us. immaculately clean. The bathroom with heated floors and towel rack had Kiehl's amenities which were very nice. The included breakfast at Le Metro downstairs was also lovely and the service there was fantastic. All in all, a great stay - so happy we found this place - I am recommending it to others already.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a good view - if that's important, ask in advance.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mamaspiegs
Arezzo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Only 12 rooms but a very cosy and chic hotel in Knightsbridge .
Harrods is only 127 feet away!!!
Spacious rooms and all the modern facilities , complimentary wifi ( great) and a good bistro downstairs to meet a friend in central London and have a bite to eat.

• Stayed March 2012