“Believe the reviews”

Ranked #279 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Believe the reviews”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We just got back from a weekend in London staying at the Levin for the first time. My wife and I were with our 9 year-old son. I had chosen the Levin partly because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I phoned them to book directly and they could not have been more helpful from that first conversation. They gave us the last room available for that weekend and told us they would make sure we had enough room for a fold-out bed for our son. When we arrived they gave us the most delightful room with loads of space, beautifully decorated and bang-up-to-date with everything you could need. But we were blown away by just how friendly the staff were. There were always 2 people in the entrance hall waiting to greet you (by name) and to see if they could do anything for you ("shall we send some tea up to your room?""do you need help with a dinner reservation?" etc). The location is fantastic also. It is a cliche, but we really feel we have found our 'home-from-home' in London and knowing that we have a lovely place to stay will mean we go back to London more often - hopefully.

Room Tip: We would be sure any room is a good one.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gbgsypots
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
II am so thrilled that you and your family had a lovely stay with us.
Positive feedback like yours will help us to maintain our excellent standards and our position on trip advisor and I`m very great full for this.
Many many thanks and please let me know of any future visits to London and I am more than happy to help you with the reservation.

Wishing you all the best

Harald Duttine
Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I would echo what recent reviews have said. This is a small boutique hotel perfectly located a block from Harrod's and almost as close to Harvey Nichols, in Knightsbridge. Convenient to everywhere in London, as it is one minute's walk to the tube. I stayed here 4 nights with my daughter while she was on break from college. The entire staff, beginning with Harald Duttine, the manager, was exceptionally solicitous and helpful. I can't remember staying in a hotel where every single personal was so friendly and helpful, including the housemaids. Every time we came downstairs or walked in the door, they asked what we had done, how they could help,etc. They always offered tea and coffee when we came in. Great ideas for where to visit, to eat, how to get there, etc. The room was lovely -not big- but perfect for us. immaculately clean. The bathroom with heated floors and towel rack had Kiehl's amenities which were very nice. The included breakfast at Le Metro downstairs was also lovely and the service there was fantastic. All in all, a great stay - so happy we found this place - I am recommending it to others already.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a good view - if that's important, ask in advance.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mamaspiegs
Arezzo, Italy
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Only 12 rooms but a very cosy and chic hotel in Knightsbridge .
Harrods is only 127 feet away!!!
Spacious rooms and all the modern facilities , complimentary wifi ( great) and a good bistro downstairs to meet a friend in central London and have a bite to eat.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank paolok66
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I chose to stay at The Levin based on the fact that it was in the top ten list of trip advisor recommended hotels in London. I travel to London frequently and was delighted to find my home away from home. I stayed a total of 8 nights. I found the service at the hotel to be exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble--a lighter, a bandage, a cup of tea at the end of the day. My flight arrived at 5:00 am and I did ask if the room would be available for me to check into and they didn't promise but said they would do their best. It was great that after a 13 hour flight that the room was ready to inhabit! They were also very agreeable that I could have late check out. They offered my guests tea and coffee that was complimentary. These small touches are so very much appreciated. The management staff of the hotel were so friendly and kind and happy to please.
The rooms are spacious. The bed and sheets very comfortable and what sold me were the bathrooms which were modern and spic and span clean. I have definitely found a hotel to return to!

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor then you can walk up and down without bothering with the lift.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank florencelim
düsseldorf
Reviewed 23 February 2012

fantastic little hotel - we just spend a weekend there and very so pleased with our choice.
the staff is going out of their way to help and assist in any way they can.
the place is renovated and the interiour design is just perfect - VERY tastefully done down to the smallest detail...
the location is superb, almost next door to harrods in an amazingly quiet sidestreet...
tube, buses and cabs just around the corner.
the little breakfast place absolutely charming and the continental breakfast with its choices was delicious, fresh fruit salad and the pastries were too good...
we definitely will go back, hopefully soon :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank U H
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.
I was so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and also that you enjoyed our breakfast.
I do hope that you will return to saty with us in the future.

Harald Duttine