“worse than a simple B&B”
Review of Alhambra Hotel

Alhambra Hotel
Ranked #274 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I made my reservation 5 months ago.During my trip to London I was travelling with my wife and my son.

We arrived to the hotel after a long flight. I picked up my internet confirmation paper and walked through the reception desk. I was very proud of my choice from tripadvisor site comments about the hotel....

But all the hotels on Argyle Street were simple B&B ! None of the were hotels.....

I showed my reservation paper to the lady behind the desk..... Then ..... A long silence hit our face..... She phoned the manager.

A few minutes later the manager started to talk . They gave my room to another person. The reason for that was they hadn't got any checking out from my credit card number.

And they didn't phone me , they didn't send me a message and they didn't even send me an e-mail....

They were totally amateurs.

I felt myself and my family very upset and angry there.

I remembered the good comments about the hotel. All of them were blown up..... Totally shamefull...

After reading the comments , I will think twice from now on. Especially when it is not a hotel , such as Alhambra !!!

If you decide to book a room , you can choose Central Hotel. They were honest , clear and friendly.

Alhambra is not a choice because of their awfull management and their behaviour against customers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stiffsurgeon
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Guest,

We are sorry if you have experienced problems when you checked in at the Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies. All comments are taken seriously.
We know how you feel but on this occasion we had no other choice than to cancel your reservation with us as your credit card details were invalid.
It is a normal procedure to check if all credit card information given to guarantee the reservation is valid and if not, we contact the guest beforehand to provide alternative credit card information. We have done as the credit card was declined. We have waited for a few days for a response from you and after a few failed attempts we had no choice than to cancel your reservation.
When you have arrived at the Hotel we have explained the situation to you and because we were fully booked we managed to find you accommodation on a hotel close by offering similar standards.
GREAT GUEST SERVICE has been our greatest success for over 30 years. We offer a GREAT CENTRAL LOCATION, CLEAN AND BRIGHT ROOMS and a GOOD BREAKFAST.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Excellent value, Spotless Room and lovely Traditional or European Breakfast on offer. Furthermore, left valuable present behind on departure, but surprised to receive email next day from Hotel indicating that the item had been found and dispatched to my home address. I shall be using this hotel again for my next trip to London to see friends and family. (Thanks Alhambra Hotel for a lovely stay)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bruce W
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We booked this hotel purely on locational requirements as we needed to be at st pancras early the next day. My friend and I were attending a gig in Highbury. It is a 2 minute walk from Kings cross. The street is delightful and amazingly very quiet. The hotel consists of two buildings one on either side of the street. The room was very small but very clean and had everything we needed for an overnight stay. I would have no problem staying longer either. Breakfast was ok staff were efficient and welcoming. I wasn't expecting much at £104 per room with breakfast in central London but I was very pleasantly surprised. Stayed on 25/6/12

Room Tip: Not sure whether all rooms are as small as the one we had so it might be worth giving them a call an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hoopschick1888
Reviewed 26 June 2012

we had a great time at the Alhambra and were really pleased with our room which was nice, clean and well located, and with service (reception lady and young man were perfect - helpful and extremely nice - and breakfast was delicious). We'll sure book a room at your place next time we're in London

Room Tip: Very central location, 1 minute walk from St Pancras/ King's cross, nice area
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank auduau
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Excellent value for money. The room was spotless, staff very friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend it. It is in a great location close to bus, trains, and the tube

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple