“Good eurostar transit hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alhambra Hotel

Alhambra Hotel
Ranked #233 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Good eurostar transit hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Pros of this hotel:
- very near to ST Pancras Intl station if you want to catch the eurostar to Paris.
- very near to the Kings Cross subway station. This station is also an interchange which makes it easy to get to different places.
- cleanest looking hotel along argyle street.
- hotel is very clean
- good breakfast
- friendly staff
- amenities around it: 24 hrs mart, BK, MCD, other restaurants

Cons:
- rooms are very small... Can be claustrophobic. And I am only med build.
- if you are staying on a higher floor, it's quite a bit of lugging your luggage up rather narrow staircase. Passages are narrow too.

Overall, I would come back again if using the eurostar is part of my travel plans.

Rooms near the shower and toilet may be noisy. 27 is a good choice - between toilet and shower.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Braunschweig, Niedersachsen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

It was my 2nd stay at Kings Cross but a new and much better hotel!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt welcome. We had a twin room with bathroom facilities ensuite. The size of the room was ok for us (we knew that the rooms in London are smaller than usual), because it is for resting and seeping only. It was very clean. We had a wardrobe, a small cupboard next to the bed, TV, free W Lan, 2 mirrors and a cupboard with a water kettle, cupps, tea and coffee. That was perfect! The bathroom was very clean, with a big window, shower, washbasin and toilet. We got one towel each. If we would have liked, we could have it changed every day. The room was cleaned every day. The hotel was quiet, the windows really good to keep the noise off. But you are in a big city and so there is some noise, like ambulances. But it doesn't matter. The breakfast was good and much. We had the choice between continental and English breakfast. Good coffee! The reception was opened 24 hours. We could ask a lot and you can buy postcards there and get bus and underground maps for free. If you like the staff organizes a taxi shuttle to stations and airports. When we arrived the staff helped us to get the suitcases in the 2nd floor!!There was also a PC to go in the Internet for free. The location of the hotel is excellent. 2 minutes or 30 metres to Kings Cross/St Pancras Station. You can get everywhere rom there by bus, train or tube. In the sourrounding area, there are several shops, cafes and restaurants. In Argyle Street theres a nice pub too. I would go there again and again!!!!

Room Tip: We were ath the 2nd floor and that was perfect. It was on the steet side, so you can hear some noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Very friendly staff, clean, confortable but small room, very well situated close to King's Cross-St.Pancras, good breakfast, a good value, we will be back !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here one night in a single room with on-suite, which was on the small side but I expected that. The room was very clean and the staff were very helpful and ordered me a taxi for an interview I had in the morning. I also left my bags there after checking out to pick up later, free of charge. Cooked English breakfast was great and the chef was very friendly. The hotel is a five minute walk from St. Pancras station and I would definitely stay again if I needed to be in that area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I chose this hotel as it was very close to Kings Cross-St Pancras and it is- especially now that Kings Cross has the new entrance. Of course I was trying to get into my room as soon as I got there having just flown in. It wasn't ready quite yet but I was able to work online with their wifi until the room was ready and the people at reception got me in as soon as it was ready.

The gentleman who cooked my breakfast was very accommodating when I needed to have breakfast a bit early the first morning.

The room was small, but really I was paying for location, so this didn't matter so much to me. But it was a good, clean room which is exactly what I wanted.

Even though I faced the street, it was quiet at night (even with the window open).

All around, a good choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business