Hilton London Paddington
  • Pool
US$ 395
US$ 360
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 129
US$ 998
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 160
US$ 144
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 108
4,253 results
All reviewstrain stationgwr towerthe executive loungesteam bartower roompraed streetdirect accessconvenient locationhotel lobbyexcellent locationhyde parkmini bartube linesby london standardsan upgradepaddingtonconvenience
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The hotel is in a great location for a site-seeing trip in London. The Heathrow express train travels directly from the airport to Paddington Station. Upon exiting the train you just go up an escalator and you are in the lobby. You could not hear a train from the rooms, and the street noise from some construction was not very noticeable and was completed before bed time. Paddington Station also provides direct access to 3 different subway lines and enable you to get anywhere in London very quickly. The subway is easy to use and much quicker than taking cabs. The hotel was a "typical" European Hilton hotel. It is in an older beautiful building, but the rooms are much smaller than a Hilton in the US. It didn't matter, though, because we were only in the room to sleep. The hotel was well maintained and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Everything worked, including the air conditioning system. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. This is a large hotel with a concierge service. Most of the concierge staff were very helpful and friendly but one or two had a bit of an "attitude". The nearby restaurants they suggested were excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rochtoga
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Rochtoga

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel so convenient for everything that you needed on your visit to London ad that everything worked as you expected. On a small point I note your comment about "attitude" amongst the concierge team and if you have a minute spare please send me a short note directly on Mike.williamson@Hilton.com telling me more to help me follow up with them directly.

I hope that you will be returning to London soon and that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton London Paddington.

Mike Williamson

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Step off the Heathrow Express and you are virtually in your hotel room! The hotel is just up an escalator above Marks and Spencer and Sainsbury's. The tube is right there too. And Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are 5 minutes walk. Great location for work or play. I got a massive room (biggest I've ever had in London). Large bathroom. Only a small window and so light was on average side. Very quiet. Staff were helpful and I got to check in early after my long flight. No complaints at all. I will be back.

1  Thank carnage99
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Carnage99

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you apreciated both the convenience and the hotel itself. I look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again, as you mention, hopefully soon.

Mike Williamson

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Conveniently locate within Paddington Station with easy access to London Heathrow and Several Motro lines. Rooms are nice and nicely equiped and are reasonably priced for London.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Many positives to this hotel that is essentially attached to the Paddington station in London:
- Super location that is served by train service from Heathrow (both Express and Connect) and to many other UK locations in the South East
- Also attached to 3 Underground hubs making it easy to get to many London sites
- Quiet in hotel despite adjoining the train station
- Convenient shops and places to eat nearby
- Comfy and spacious rooms that are clean and well-maintained with comfy beds
- Complete breakfast buffet with lots of choices and good quality
- Excellent staff service that are responsive and helpful
- Fitness center available (but no swimming pool)

One drawback is that there is no self-serve business center for printing out boarding passes--you have to ask the concierge to do it, and he actually printed out the wrong one for us, causing a little extra work at the airport.

Overall excellent hotel in London!

2  Thank John T
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear John T

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing your comments on TripAdvisor about yur stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed everything so much. On a minor point guets can also print out their boading cards in our Business Centre and our Executive Lounge, I am sorry that this was not also advised to you. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton London Paddington on your next visit to London.

Mike

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The room was pretty nice - about what we expected. The location is amazing - you don't even have to go outside to get into the Paddington station, which was super convenient both for trains and for underground access.

But we were pretty put off by the charges they wanted to level for "extras". Mostly the internet - free in the lobby but you have to pay if you want access in the room. 15 pounds. Per day. PER DEVICE! That is highway robbery. The hostel we stayed at gave us free wifi, sheesh.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy T
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Happy T

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you appreciated the room and the location. However I am sorry that you felt let down by the charges in the bedroom for internet. We have recently upgraded the internet and wifi system throughout the hotel with BT at a considerable investment for the increased bandwith and flexibility. As you mention it is at no charge in the public areas, this is for e mail and surfing the web. There is a charge in the bedrooms as you mention which is line with all other international hotel brands in London. However for Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members it is also free in their bedrooms.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Mike