“Very good value, very friendly service.”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #60 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nice hotel, charming in fact. Very well located (Tottenham Court tube is 2 blocs away, British Meseum is at a 3 minute walk) Received great service. The concierge service was quite friendly and effective in gaining me suggestion for restaurants and ways to get last minute tickets to a play. I truly appreciated having North American standard electrical outlets available near the desk in the room ! Same with free wireless service (although not nearly as fast as one would expect in 2012, but hey, t'was free). Breakfast included with base price nice buffet, enough to chose from. But food services should know what a café au lait is however !! ;-)

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank FLR450
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Thank you for writing such a great review following your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you found the Concierge team to be so friendly and it is always great to hear that the little touches that we pride ourselves on like the American adaptors in the wall by the desk are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had the pleasure of stopping at this fantastic hotel whilst on business in London on the 2nd April. The hotel as always was spotless, the concierge and front desk were as always attentive and pleasant. As other reviews suggest the rooms are not overly large but are comfortable and very well furnished in a contemporary fashion. The breakfast room is well appointed and the service and quality of food was good. I do however have one issue, during my stay in room 706 I was repeatedly woken by a knocking noise coming from either the plumbing or A/C, switching off the A/C at 4am made no difference. I did report the fault to the night desk who, to their credit offered to change my room, something I didn’t relish at 4am, but that was my choice I did at least have the option. On checking out I was asked if I enjoyed my stay to which I replied yes but unfortunately I had a noise in the room, I then asked if it was reported, It hadn’t, apologies were given and I was told that the manager would be informed etc. In my job I don’t get the opportunity to travel extensively, my hotel choice is usually made by myself so the Bloomsbury is my hotel of choice in central London I don’t usually write reviews but this hotel is so good I think that my issue, the fact that I had a disturbed night’s sleep, should be addressed by the management if the hotel is to further improve on what is already an excellent establishment. This one issue has prevented me from giving 5 an excellent rating, hopefully at my next visit, and I will visit again these issues will have been addressed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest review We are all delighted that we have become your choice of hotel when in London and thank you for acknowledging the housekeeping team as well as Concierge and the Front Desk. I was of course naturally very disappointed to read the problem you had during your last stay but I would like to assure you that we have taken the comment very seriously as the comfort and enjoyment of our guests' is of utmost importance to us. I would be delighted to discuss the issue further with you and would kindly ask that you contact me on beccy_gunn@doylecollection.com. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had our second visit here in February 2012. It really is a lovely hotel in central London. Rooms are small but beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Can't comment on the food in the hotel as we refuse to pay £20 per head for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a lovely review following your second visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first visit so much that you returned for a second time and again were impressed by the clean rooms and the staff. I am sorry that you feel our breakfast is expensive but I would highly recommend booking breakfast in advance at reception when checking in where we offer a discounted rate which includes the full continental buffet, your choice of juices and hot beverages as well as one of our many cooked dishes. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I like boutique hotels a LOT! This place definitely covers that for sure, its my 3rd stay here,but my first time reviewing. I think its hard to rate any London hotels well, as the rooms are always SOOOOO small. As someone who has traveled to about 30 cities across the globe, the rooms in London hotels are always small, but you can't hold that against the bloomsbury, obviously.

Their staff is always very helpful when you need. The location is great as well, especially being so close to a major underground station.

The restaurant is so-so, but with so many other places accessible, don't let that influence your decision. The Bar (Landseer) in the basement always has a nice set of tech-geeks it seems like, and the bartenders down there are always great, with whipping up great drinks and offering advice for tourists / visitors.

I'd recommend this place for sure, just keep in mind, the rooms are gonna be small.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank wilreynolds
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay. I am delighted that the bar in particular was able to make your stay so positive and it is always fabulous to hear that the staff are so helpful. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife had an accident a couple of weeks before we arrived and she arrived in a wheelchair, all the staff were very helpful as soon as we arrived assisting in using lift at side of hotel to foyer then very efficiently booking us in and giving us the opportunity to have another room with a shower for use with disabilities. the room was very clean.and cosy.. we used the bar which was spacious enough for the wheelchair and the service , drinks to table, were lovely. Toilets emaculate .Due to mobility we used the room service and the food was bought up fast and was smashing. All the staff were so nice and pleasant they made what was unusual and difficult circumstances for us with my wife in a wheelchair an enjoyable occasion. It was very close to theatre area,British museum and covent garden. 10 out of 10 for everyone there.Thank you and we will definately return .(were there 9/3/12 and 10/3/12)

Room Tip: there was a fitness centre but did not use