“Great location and area”
Review of Morgan Hotel

Morgan Hotel
Ranked #113 of 580 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Arrived at the hotel to be upgraded to an apartment just along from the hotel. Beautiful rooms good temperature (it was bitter outside) and all we needed.
Comfortable bed and even at the front by the road I heard nothing.
Only gripe for me was breakfast. Poor service to start with (I think staff were still arriving) and quality of bread very average. shame as this is a great place to stay for trips to the Capitol and breakfast is inclusive.
On leaving the staff helped with our bags a really helpful service.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to an apartment so can't comment on others
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I guess it's fair to say that whenever you stay at a hotel in a major city anywhere in the world you know what you are going to get - small rooms for big prices. The Morgan Hotel is no exception.
Our room was decidedly on the small side and although it was adequate for a night or two I certainly wouldn't have wanted to stay there any longer and I'm not sure how we would have managed if we'd had a couple of large suitcases with us. That said, the bed was comfy enough, the shower worked well and the bathroom area was of a decent size and clean and tidy. Tea and coffee was provided and there was a safe in the room which is always a bonus point as far as I am concerned. The room was a little old-fashioned and could certainly have done with a bit of a spruce up to bring it up to a decent standard. I have to say that we did find the temperature in the room on the cold side and although we set the air-conditioning to a high setting to try to warm the room up it just blasted out cold air - not what you want on a November night with temperatures near freezing.
Breakfast was adequate but rather lacking in choice but at least it was provided unlike a lot of hotels in this area. Mind you, there are cafes and restaurants everywhere so if you had to eat out it wouldn't be a problem.
Staff appeared to be friendly and helpful although, in honesty, we had little contact with them apart from checking in and out.
The hotel is in a convenient location with the Shaftesbury Theatre being only a few minutes walk away and the British Museum directly behind the premises.
As others have attested, this is not a mobility-friendly hotel and steps are unavoidable and the narrow corridors makes access difficult for less abled persons.
To summarize, we would possibly stay here again but would definitely look at the options of other hotels first.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Had tickets for a musical and booked to stay here overnight.
We were staying in room 215 on the top floor. The room, for the price, was an adequate size. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. That was the positives, the downside was the climb up the seemingly endless stairs as there are no lifts so not for the fainthearted!!

The check in is down a narrow staircase and the area is rather small, The chap booking us in was very cheerful and welcoming and offered to carry up our bags to our room for us.

The hotel turned out to be in a very good location with theatres, Chinatown, soho, Leicester Square etc all within easy walking distance.

Breakfast was back downstairs next to the check in area, the dining area is what it is. It was a bit dated and, with no windows, a bit claustrophobic. We had to wait a long time for breakfast and it would be a good idea not to go to breakfast hungry.

All in all, breakfast aside, ok for the price

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Location is fantastic, next to British Museum, easy access to the Underground, and walkable to the West End. Good breakfast. Rooms small but functional. Not the prettiest decor. Thin walls - could actually hear neighbors snoring. Little steps everywhere, so not for mobility impaired. Great value for London, though; will return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Excellent hotel with all the essentials. Clean and perfect for my needs. As a single traveller I booked a double room and appreciated the space. Room was a reasonable size for a London hotel.

Storage space was good and the safe in my room provided additional security. No bath, but the shower room was practical and sufficient.

The building is Georgian and comes with some problems, although the proprietors had done their best to address them. The windows had sash cords and could not be opened. However, the AC was appreciated on a hot summer's day. There is secondary glazing, which helped to keep the noise down. The carpets were in good condition and counteracted and softened the noise from those in adjacent rooms. My main concern was the creaky/squeaky floorboards. Where ever I the walked in my room I was convinced that I was disturbing other residents, but nobody complained.

The breakfast was good, although the choice was limited. Nevertheless, I did enjoy them and the portions were more than adequate for me.

This hotel is in a very central location. Tottenham Court Road, Holborn and Russell Square tube stations are near by. In fact, Tottenham Court Road is only a 5 mins walk. All amenities are close by: post office, hospital, chemist, bus routes, supermarket, and bank. The hotel is at the top of Oxford Street and Covent Garden is near by. Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Carnaby Street, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Soho, and the Strand are nearby. The hotel could not be better placed. My bedroom overlooked the back of the British Museum.

Thank you to the Morgan Hotel proprietor's and staff for a lovely stay. I will be back.

Room Tip: If you struggle with stairs, then this is not the Hotel for you, as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo