“Small portions and odd service!”
Review of Busaba Eathai

Busaba Eathai
Ranked #1,363 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: Nestled between Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus, Panton Street offers a tranquil oasis from neighbouring tourist spots.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Have been to Busaba a few times (but never to this branch). The food is always flavoursome, but the portions sizes on this night were just tiny. I ordered the Duck Massaman Curry, and whilst tasty, it's so small. Alongside the brown rice, that's about £14+ for a main and it's not good enough if you're left hungry. Having been to Rosa's Thai several times and never had this problem. Such a shame! I do hope they stop being so stingy.

The service was rather bizarre. We were asked by 4 different waiters to order drinks (having ordered with the first waiter) and waited 20 mins for our wine to arrive, despite reminding several waiters. Always friendly, but not good service.

Busaba Manager L, General Manager at Busaba Eathai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and really sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us. we take all customers feedback seriously, and all your comments been shared with the team to make sure the service and the food is up to busaba standards.

We hope you will give us anther chance .

Ahmed

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Me, my partner and his friend spontaneously visited here on Saturday for lunch whilst we was roaming the streets of London, and we did not leave disappointed.

The tables are communal tables, which may not be to everyone's liking, but it adds a nice feel to the Thai decor. All of the staff were very friendly too.

We ordered an array of foods between us, involving starters and mains, which we all enjoyed, but I can only comment on the foods I tried. I ordered the prawn crackers, and a Black Pepper Beef Wok Noodle, but also got to try some egg fried rice and a Por-pia Jay (vegetable spring roll). I really liked that the prawn crackers came with a sweet chilli sauce as I had never tried them together but it really worked well. The Black Pepper Beef Wok Noodle was delicious! I usually order chicken in black bean sauce from a Chinese restaurant so I played it safe and stuck with something similar from Busaba Eathai. We all really liked the food as it wasn't greasy, and you got good portion sizes. My partner and his friend were both raving about the Mussaman Duck Curry (I didn't try any) but they were highly recommending it.

I thought it looked a little overpriced at first but that could be because it is London prices so you are expected to pay more.

Overall, it was a really good lunch.

Busaba Manager L, Manager at Busaba Eathai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your lovely feedback, we are glad we had a good experience in our restaurant in Leicester Square.

We looking forward to host you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Had pre-theatre dinner at Busaba. Rated highly by others, we were expecting something special. Unfortunately not. Staffed by part timers with nothing invested in their restaurant, the service was poor. My fish curry was ok, but my wife's sweet and sour chicken was spectacularly awful. Dry chicken, and a sauce which despite delicious ingredients, somehow tasted like mud. Not impressed.

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your feedback. we are really sorry to hear that the service and the food were not up to our standers on your last visit. We all the time make sure all the customers have a good experience in our restaurant, and sorry if we failed to do so in your visit.
All the comments that you mentioned on your feedback have been sheared with team to make sure this will not happen again. I hope you will give us another try in the future and if you would like to discuss further please email me on Ahmed@busaba.com .

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Worth a visit pre theatre
Service excellent food excellent value for money two courses for £12.95
Little gem to remember

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are glad to hear you had a good experience in our restaurant.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I arrived just be 7 p.m. so could order from the early evening menu which makes the meal a very reasonable price. I order the Thai Fishcakes and the Northern Thai Laksa, which is effectively a coconut noodle soup. Both arrived very promptly and as expected were delicious. The Laksa was creamy and there were plenty of noodles. It was perhaps a bit lacking in Chicken though. The fishcakes are nothing special but do have a nice flavor and it is unlikely I would order these from the main menu. When ordering drinks, I can't recommend the guava collins enough. It is by far one of the most delicious drinks I've ever tasted.

I will always return to Busaba as it's somewhere where you know the quality of food will always be good.

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback, we are glad to hear you had a good experience in our restaurant , and you enjoyed the food and service.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.