“Disappointing”

Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 27
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: Nestled between Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus, Panton Street offers a tranquil oasis from neighbouring tourist spots.
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Had pre-theatre dinner at Busaba. Rated highly by others, we were expecting something special. Unfortunately not. Staffed by part timers with nothing invested in their restaurant, the service was poor. My fish curry was ok, but my wife's sweet and sour chicken was spectacularly awful. Dry chicken, and a sauce which despite delicious ingredients, somehow tasted like mud. Not impressed.

Busaba Manager L, Manager at Busaba Eathai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your feedback. we are really sorry to hear that the service and the food were not up to our standers on your last visit. We all the time make sure all the customers have a good experience in our restaurant, and sorry if we failed to do so in your visit.
All the comments that you mentioned on your feedback have been sheared with team to make sure this will not happen again. I hope you will give us another try in the future and if you would like to discuss further please email me on Ahmed@busaba.com .

Ahmed

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Worth a visit pre theatre
Service excellent food excellent value for money two courses for £12.95
Little gem to remember

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are glad to hear you had a good experience in our restaurant.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I arrived just be 7 p.m. so could order from the early evening menu which makes the meal a very reasonable price. I order the Thai Fishcakes and the Northern Thai Laksa, which is effectively a coconut noodle soup. Both arrived very promptly and as expected were delicious. The Laksa was creamy and there were plenty of noodles. It was perhaps a bit lacking in Chicken though. The fishcakes are nothing special but do have a nice flavor and it is unlikely I would order these from the main menu. When ordering drinks, I can't recommend the guava collins enough. It is by far one of the most delicious drinks I've ever tasted.

I will always return to Busaba as it's somewhere where you know the quality of food will always be good.

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback, we are glad to hear you had a good experience in our restaurant , and you enjoyed the food and service.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Great looking restaurant - however we were there 5:45 - someone finally came to take our order 20 minutes later - and the drinks took over 25 minutes to arrive from then. Even then I had to ask for them - twice !!! Slowest service we've ever had in London!

So do not expect fast (or average) service -(perhaps don't come here if you are going to a show later that evening). It was very haphazard - some people got serve faster than this while others maybe even slower than us- perhaps they lack a decent system?

The food was not far behind the drinks so service was a little better with that. Quality was passable but a little bland - not the best Thai Food in London by any means but -not the worst - ditto presentation.

Service did not improve as the meal went on. We were short of time at the end and had to ask for the bill a couple of times!

Prices were fair for food and, while a little high for drink, ok for london. Unbelievably they put a service charge on the bill! I'm not sure what that was for but full marks for cheek I suppose! If I'd have been them I would have apologised for the late drinks and taken them off the bill. That would have given them a better rating but I'm not sure the customer is their main concern.

The 2 out of 5 is for the great looking building and ... ok ... food - there is definite potential here and I wouldn't rule it out entirely but beware of the lack of service!

Busaba Manager L, Manager at Busaba Eathai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi Chrispaton,

Thanks for you feedback, we are really sorry that you didn't have a good experience in your last visit to our restaurant and the service wasn't up to our standards. we try all the time to provide a good service, and sorry if we failed in this occasion.

we really hope you will give us anther chance,and if you would like to discuss further please email me on Ahmed@busaba.com more details about your visit.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The food was amazing, the service was okay but not great. There were only a few criticisms:
I get that you may end up sharing a table but in my group were 5 mid 20 girls starting a girls night and we shared with 2 elderly people and their grandsons. They almost stopped talking when we sat down and I felt like we made them very uncomfortable. When I worked for a restaurant we always paid attention to who was sitting next to who eg. Those people are celebrating a birthday, don't seat them next to the elderly couple that want a quiet table. etc.
Also about 3 different staff members came to take our drinks orders for first rounds, it did seem a bit disorganised but not a big deal. I also asked 2 people for a knife and I never received it so ended up cutting my duck with a spoon.
Reviews for this restaurant chain seem to average 4 stars and it seems very adequate.

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to write a review , we take every feedback seriously. We are glad you enjoyed the food ,anything you mention in the feedback regarding the service was already escalated to the staff and the rest of the team.
Looking for ward to seeing you soon.