3,062 results
All reviews jugged hare club room wow suite barbican centre chiswell street hermes toiletries london city rose petals on arrival lovely hotel turn down service an upgrade birthday treat duty manager business trip mini bar fantastic stay
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Arriving in the middle of a heavy rainstorm, I was ushered inside quickly by the attentive doorman and received promptly by a smiling receptionist. Speedily checked in, I was personally escorted through a maze of corridors to my splendid room, which had everything necessary for my stay, and more. A very comfortable bed, large bathroom with upmarket toiletries and a plethora of towels.
I was joined by a colleague for a splendidly tasty lunch in the restaurant, served by very attentive staff.
Unfortunately, having overslept slightly, I did not have the time to sample breakfast, a treat I shall save for my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far end from reception are best situated to drop down to the in house pub.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Remus O, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Barry H,

Thank you for your excellent review on TripAdvisor.

Here, in The Montcalm at The Brewery, the team take pride in looking after each and every guest, and I am delighted to see your positive comments. Being located in the heart of the City with several stations close by, is great for all types of guests. This will allow you to take advantage of London how you so wish. A listed building built in 1750's which has lots to offer.

The team and I would be thrilled to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I had a most pleasing stay at the Montcalm.
The room was well designed and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in.
The Hotel is well situated for the tube and has the added bonus of being next door to the Jugged Hare.
One of the best gourmet pubs in London.
We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Kencrouch,

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind comments.

It is a pleasure to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us at The Montcalm at The Brewery. The team are also thrilled to see your positive feedback as they all have the hospitality interest, at heart. Our two restaurants, Chiswell Street Dining Rooms and The Jugged Hare, are extremely popular and would recommend booking in advance if possible.

We hope to welcome you through our doors in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I am sure this place has some fantastic larger rooms however ours was tiny and cramped with very limited natural lighting. It was a disappointing stay considering the money we paid. We booked in for a function in the city and the location was ideal for what we needed but the stay was a let down, there are nicer hotels a short walk away. We did get an added benefit of navigating a maze to get to our room though. I get that the hotel is in an old brewery and they are using the space as best they can but it was really not easy to find our room. The staff were friendly and helpful though so the hotel does have some redeeming qualities.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

It is an amazing hotel, with a Brewery that I must say has fantastic products! I stayed thanks to a birthday present from my husband and although it is in the middle of the city and has a lot of business like guests, we found that during the weekend is quiet and a fantastic retreat. We loved it!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ana R,

Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback.

We are thrilled to see your experiences have been faultless during your recent stays with us in The Montcalm at The Brewery. It is important for us to ensure everyone is well looked after during their visit to London as we want our guests to feel at home. Of course, special occasions are important and we are delighted to see you enjoyed your birthday treat.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Dear Management,

I had a wonderful stay at The Montcalm at The Brewery London. All the staffs were very friendly and welcoming. The environment is very chic and comfortable and the standard of the establishment is second to none. I am very grateful for the wonderful experience and I look forward to returning.
Thank you again.

Regards,

Dr. Preetha Nair
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear Preetha N,

Thank you for your excellent review on TripAdvisor.

The team and I would be thrilled to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,