“Great location and excellent customer service”
Review of Melia White House

Melia White House
Ranked #290 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My wife and I chose Melia White House on the recommendation of son and daughter who stayed there a couple of years before and we were not disappointed. The front desk people were so nice and helpful. Room service/food/prices were great. A nice feature in our room the ability to swing open the windows and let nice fresh cool air in. But best of all was the "Conseguir's" , we could not have found our way around London/Paris without there help. We will definitely stay here next time we are in London.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KimEvridge
ypp, Manager at Melia White House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear KimEvridge

Thank you for choosing the Melia White House and for sharing your most kind comments especially those with regards to our staff.

We are thrilled to see that your experience with us was to your satisfaction and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Kind regards
Guest Experience Manager - Melia White House

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Melia White House

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Hello!
I would like to let everyone know that the Melia White House London has made a good effort to rectify my bad experience at their hotel. I would stay at this hotel again. Good customer service goes along way!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelbug060

Dear travelbug060

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the bitter feelings you have been left with from your last stay with us.

We are extremely pleased to see that your experience this time was such a positive one and we look forward to your next stay with us.

With our best regards

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We chose the Melia Whitehouse to clock up points on the Mas Melia loyalty programme and it was a sound decision. Bus and tube access is outstanding. Get an Oyster card and save time and money on travel. The London Busmapper APP was excellent - honest. Try it for yourself.

Melia Hotels have never failed us and this experience was no different. We were on a mission to showcase London to our son so we didn't spend much time in the hotel but we did notice the buzz humming from the main bar.

Residents who booked "The Level" enjoyed access to a smaller, more intimate dining room for breakfast and were invited to the same room in the evening for complimentary drinks and snacks - all very nice.

I intend to use it again next time I'm in London, even though the view from the hotel is quite sterile.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Trumph

Dear Trumph

Thank you for choosing the Melia White House and for your loyalty to Melia.

We are delighted to see that your experience with us was to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

With our kind regards

Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay. Booked online through Melia MaS rewards our room was only £98 per night (room only) but we were also given a £30 per day voucher which although it could not be used to pay for Breakfast could be used against Room service orders or lunch/dinner in either of the Restaurants.

The hotel lobby, lifts, corridors and our room were spotlessly clean. We had arrived at Euston at 9.15am and the walk only took 15 minutes but we were able to check in straightaway - a great start and a warm welcome. Having Great Portland St tube station only 2 mins away and Regent Park station 5 mins away we were soon in many other areas of the city.

On our day of departure we had 10am tickets to the Royal Academy and were not sure we could be back at the hotel to check out by noon, no problem. we could extend our checkout . The staff are so welcoming, the floral arrangements everywhere so lovely, and everything worked out great, including a £30 bottle of wine each evening , delivered to our room paid with our vouchers, we thought our £98 room rate was first class.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue H

Dear Scoucer-Sue

Thank you for choosing the Melia White House and taking the time to share your experience with us via tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to see that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and would like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to our staff.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions

Best wishes

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Had a great experience with this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel. I booked the "classic" room (the lower-priced option) and got a great King bed, and nice sized room overall by London standards. The bathrooms appear to be newly renovated and when I get a chance I'll post a couple of pictures. I agree with the other reviews- its proximity to the Great Portland tube station is outstanding. I also had a meeting at the Royal College of Physicians, which is just on the edge of Regent's Park. If you have a meeting there, use the nearest gate into the park, and it is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I was on a tight budget so I didn't have breakfast in the hotel which I believe was 21 pounds. The only criticism that I have is the cleanliness of the room. When I moved the drapes, the wall behind the desk had visible mildew on the wallpaper. Not sure why. The bathroom was reasonably clean but there appeared to be dust on top of the amenities. And when I opened my computer when I came back to the office, a lot of dust had setllted on the keyboard, which I have never had happen. The sheets and bedding (the important part to me) and towels were immaculate, as was the tub/shower. However if you are super-fussy about cleanliness, you wouldn't have liked my room. I would stay again but would have someone accompany me to the room when I first check in. Staff was excellent- helpful and friendly, and always available.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter (although it's in a business district so usually pretty quiet at night...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear JBicrs

Thank you for choosing the Melia White House and for your most kind comments especially the ones with regards to our staff.

Whilst we were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, we are very sorry that the cleanliness of the room was not to the required standard. Please accept our apologies and our reassurance that this will be addressed immediately.

Once again thank you and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon

With best wishes