1,232 results
All reviews queens gate the royal albert hall natural history museum gloucester road hyde park room wasn't ready easy access location is excellent piccadilly line tube station quiet room rooms are small west end kensington concierge harrods chelsea
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We came for a one night weekend stay & were driving - I had called the night before to ask about parking as I knew there was no car park here & the helpful guy at the hotel said I could park outside - I thought he was being a bit too optimistic! However we arrived at around 1030 in the morning and right outside the hotel was about 3 parking spaces! Perfect! Parked outside the whole weekend with no issues at all. The hotel is being refurbished so expect scaffolding - the rooms are compact but we'll equipped - services is always first class at the Hilton group & no different here. Raul the concierge and Vincent the bar get a mention for being super friendly! The location is perfect for exploring this area of the capital and it's good value for money. Would recommend & looking forward to stopping here again once the refurbishment is complete.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Romfordman
Issam A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review on TA and for the particular mention of our valued team members. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome again soon. Warm regards, Issam

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Spent a few nights at this property and even if I took no notice of the building and renovations with noise etc, I found it average. The rooms are a minimum size and many other Doubletree have much larger rooms and comfort. Cleanness was also average, left empty things on the side of the bath and found them the same day after room was done. The good side is the staff which make an enormous effort to compensate for all the above and are always helpful and nice. This is objectively what I experienced. As a personal and only personal , I don't think I will book this property again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Allessandro,

Thank you for the constructive feedback and for putting our property into perspective. We have various bedroom sizes at the hotel depending on the location and type so you could find a better fit for purpose room within our property. I am sorry if there was a potential lapse with our room cleanliness. It is also important to note that if an empty guest item which was not provided by the hotel is left behind, our team could clean and re-position unless stated otherwise or binned. I would like to give you further reassurance that our property will be soon be rejuvenated to an excellent standard. Please feel free to contact us in the future with some details of your stay so we can get an opportunity to leave you with a lasting and positive memory of your stay. Kind Regards, Issam

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms here for a family weekend celebrating 2 birthdays and going to a concert in the Royal Albert Hall. Should have come away from the weekend buzzing but this hotel ruined everything.
No mention anywhere that they are in the process of major renovations so facilities limited. Once there, there is one poster by the only lift for the building. The place was filthy not only with builders dust but in the bar/reception/dining area where we had to sit for over and hour.
We checked in early and didn’t expect our rooms to be ready but left our luggage and enjoyed a day in London. On returning about 4.15, check in from 3pm, we were told that 2 rooms were not ready but would be in half an hour. We eventually go in at 5.45 with little concern that we were being really inconvenienced. Offered free drink in the filthy bar area and found that they had run out of Lemonade. Not an unusual thing to expect from a bar.
Our room was absolutely tiny, dusty and obviously cleaned quickly. The blinds in one room were broken and I wouldn’t want to be around when the air conditioning unit is turned on as it was thick with dust. Two rooms were really dull due to the scaffolding outside and the privacy plastic on the window. None contained the advertised bathrobe and slippers. Probably because there is no room to store them.
There is nowhere to plug in a charger beside either side of the bed which is an essential these days I would have thought and can be found in less prestigious establishments.
Breakfast was a mess as due to the refurbishment we were squashed into a really small area, running out of crockery and a very small buffet.
There should have been notification that there was disruption when I made the booking.
Fantastic location for visiting this area of London but not worth the money and hassle.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank 243MaryB
Nicole B, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear 243MaryB,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us.

I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I understand the condition of your room was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Lovely hotel located in Kensington, easy walk to both South Kensington Tube and Glouseter Road Tube stops. Hotel staff was very helpful and went above and beyond welcoming us to the hotel. I only had hand luggage and they took it from me and showed us our room.

The room was not huge but spacious enough, beds were very comfortable. Some road noise overnight with a car alarm going off but nothing the hotel can control.

Overall, great room. Very clean and nice bathroom. But no view from the room as the facade of the building seemed to be under construction.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julianna Z
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We arrived to find our room booked through Booking.com was not available, after 30 mins of standing there watching the chap on the desk frantically tapping the screen we were given a room. The room was NOT what we booked however being short on time for a meeting we have to put up with it until Id had time to speak to them. I complained further and we went out and returned to find they had moved us to a better room. We were given free breakfast and a fruit bowl in the room - this did make up for the error and wait.
Checking in and checking out is a very important factor at a hotel as anytime standing is a waste of time when you are on a tight schedule.On a plus note the breakfast and the morning staff were very good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve4072
Nicole B, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Steve4072,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel.

We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service during our check-in procedures.

We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and we are glad we were able to rectify the problem while you were in-house.

We hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.

Thank you again for your comments.