“Mention Trip Advisor to get a bigger room............”

Ambassadors Bloomsbury
Ranked #470 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bolton
“Mention Trip Advisor to get a bigger room............”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

1 night on business, read the reviews so when I checked in I mentioned the comments about small rooms, as soon as the words Trip Advisor were uttered a manager took over the reception and found me a big quiet room at the back of the hotel.
Nice clean room, a bot spartan in it's decor.
The location is perfect for Euston - 5 min walk, there are restaurants and pubs around here but the area doesn't have a nice feel to it unlike other areas.
Breakfast very good, and able to leave luggage all day for collection before the train back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We have just come back from a one night stay, it was an offer (Groupon) which included afternoon tea. The room was fine, bed was huge! Powerful shower.
We got there early, our room was ready, but if it hadn't been, we could have left our luggage in safe area.
Afternoon tea was nice, although, if I had been paying, a bit overpriced.
The breakfast was buffet style, good choice, and the cooked food was very tasty.
As we were on a pleasure trip, it was great that we could leave our luggage there after we had checked out,
The staff were, without exception, all very pleasant and helpful,
The location is great...near Kings Cross and Euston and Euston Square.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sally B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed in London overnight for a conference and chose this hotel because it was across the road from the conference venue (Woburn House). The location is excellent as the hotel is close to Euston, Euston Square and King's Cross.

The Receptionist was welcoming and friendly. The room (116) was a Single but had a double bed. It was a small room but acceptable for a Single. It was facing the back of the property where there were a lot of air vents and chimneys which were making a constant humming noise, but nothing too disturbing (and I am a light sleeper). No road noise whatsoever, which was impressive for London.

The bathroom was small but adequate, no bath unfortunately. The shower was hot and had good water pressure at 7.00 AM, which can't be said of all hotels in London. I also liked the shower gel and shampoo, and there was conditioner, which you don't always get in hotels.

I thought the room was a little sterile, but for a short stay on business it was perfectly fine. I couldn't get all the channels on telly due to a bad signal, which was annoying but not a big deal. I couldn't quite figure out how to lock the door from within the room, but I know it was locked from outside so left it at that. I had a good night's sleep, comfy bed and no problems with room temperature or noise in any way. There was an orange beadspread over the bottom end of the bed, which looked a little worse for wear and wasn't very appealing. I just got rid of it. The sheet had a couple of small holes where it is normally hidden under the matress but had come loose, but overall the linen was clean and (at least) smelled as if it had been washed, which is most important.

Breakfast was great, a step up from the awful full English buffets you get in so many places. There was a waiter who took my order for the hot choice, which meant hot food was freshly made and not sat on hotplates for hours. Having said that, I ordered poached eggs with my full English and got two: one was overdone, the other slightly under. Still, I thought it was better than most other places which serve either watery or dried up scrambled eggs. The bacon and mushrooms were lovely. There was also plenty of choice if you were still hungry after the full English. You could help yourself to cereals, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, pastries, warm bread rolls, salmon, cheeses and meats. Very good standard, and extremely friendly waiting staff.

Would stay here again and would like to see what their Doubles are like.

Room Tip: I stayed in 116 which had three windows facing what looked like a small courtyard and some of air ve...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Meerurlaub
Essex
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday night.
The front desk staff were wonderful. We arrived early and didn't expect to be able to check in, we were just going to leave our bags, but to our surprise the room was ready and we were able to check in early - 6th floor. The room was a reasonable size for a London room. View onto old run down building next door but that didn't bother us. The carpet was very stained and worn and there was still some rubbish under the bed and the orange end blanket was pilled and old. The information sheets were well used on the desk. The room didn't feel clean but was okay. We stayed one night and that's all I'd want to stay with the lack of space to put clothes and toiletries. It seems odd to offer a robe and slippers but I happily used the slippers so I didn't need to touch the carpet with bare feet. Toiletries acceptable. We did have a bath in our room but no water pressure so it took at least 30 minutes to fill the bath which had several chips out of it. The rubber seal around the glass bathroom door was lifting off. The bed was rock hard so I asked for extra pillows to make a mattress topper which were brought up to our room within 15 minutes which sorted out the hard bed. Pillows were well used and thin so don't expect any support.

On the plus side - location, location, location - very good and fairly quiet.

We had an afternoon tea for two and buffet breakfast in their restaurant. Not a great experience - perhaps I'm just getting spoilt but I'll point out what I wasn't impressed with. We had a 4pm tea reservation. We were able to choose our seat so we sat where they had the glass roof for the sun to shine on us - that was the best part. We were served hot water in tea pots and the TEA BAGS were on the table to use. Then we waited, and waited, 25 minutes later my husband went to find someone to see what had happened - they had forgotten us!!! Within five minutes we were served our sandwiches and cakes. I've NEVER had such a poor selection of cakes (the sandwiches were okay but nothing special). The scones were definitely microwaved because they were warm and rubbery. The fruit tart was obviously store-bought as was the microwaved - "bread/cake." There was a raging red iced cupcake that was also obviously store-bought. Needless to say we didn't eat that much and for £19.50 each we were shocked. We had to ask for our "hot water pot" to be refilled. Not a good experience at all - but the waiter had a nice smile!!

Breakfast buffet was fine - nothing special.

We would probably choose a Bed and Breakfast over this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Unless you get a drop dead deal find a Bed and Breakfast!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donstep
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Got a great deal off ' Groupon '. Stayed for a Friday and Saturday night with 3 friends. Great location, 5mins walk from Euston Station.
We had reasonable sized rooms overlooking the front of the hotel. Flat screen TV mounted on the wall, tea/coffee/kettle located in the bedside cabinet, well appointed wet room, bathrobes and slippers.
Fabulous full english breakfast and cereals, cooked meats/cheese, fruit, toast etc. Included in our deal was afternoon tea which was delicious ( costs £19.50 per person ).
Covered outside area with tables and chairs for the smokers.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
Well done Ambassadors Bloomsbury.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family