“Loud and lively , food okay ”

The Blues Kitchen Camden
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blues Kitchen Camden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #998 of 25,561 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Camden
Transit: Underground Stations: Camden Town Tube (4 minutes) Mornington Crescent Tube (5 minutes) Railway Stations: Camden Road Railway Station (8 minutes) Euston Railway Station (15 minutes)
Description: Serving up hearty Texan BBQ and blues music, The Blues Kitchen brings a touch of southern soul to Camden High Street. Vintage music posters, mix and match grandma lamps, light fixtures made from tyres and sinking settee style booths, not to mention the knowledge that music icons including Gary Clark Jr, Seasick Steve and Billy Childish have played here, make The Blues Kitchen feel like its been here forever. With all American favourites, including the most epic burgers and buttermilk chicken on the menu The Blues Kitchen will have your stomach singing a more cheerful song.
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Went here on a weekend for a group dinner. The atmosphere is buzzing and loud . Food wise , I had the chicken wings which were delicious but the mains- the “2 meats” option of burnt ends and beef ribs- rather disappointing . Both meats were over cooked and rather dry. There was a nice selection of cocktails. Dancing to the live music was a nice finish to the night . Would return but mostly for drinks!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Booked the Playroom for my 30th birthday celebrations. Couldn’t fault it at all. A lovely space with food, drinks, karaoke, good sound system for own music. Victor our waiter was absolutely incredible and nothing was too much trouble. Wouldn’t hesitate to go back.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

If only it hadn't been a business meeting I could have stayed here all afternoon and evening.
The atmosphere was great with cool music played through an excellent sound system.
I only had a snack (spinach dip) but the food looked really tasty.

It made me want to live in Camden.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Was in on Thursday for a family meal, our waiter was absolutely excellent! (Chris) made sure we were well looked after and made us laugh while making us feel very welcome. Food was out of this world!! Had a fantastic night. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I think this was my first time walking this part of Camden as I always used to pass by car only, and never ever crossed my mind there was such a great place here.

We noticed this place on the Google maps as we researched this area for something else and decided to try the amazing food this place offers and which we loved so much in New Orleans.

We ordered the Cajun Popcorn chicken to share and Smoked duck gumbo and a burger for me which came with fries and made as I have requested, purely because i cannot eat some stuff or otherwise put.... I am very fussy about my food.

The servers were very nice, friendly and paid attention to my little requests and as we arrived just before mid day Friday and were sat at the back of the restaurant, in a matter of 30min almost every single got occupied by youngsters either working at Asos down the road or nearby companies. I have never seen a place to be so busy, with most of the tables being reserved by large groups, probably in their lunch break and apparently this happens every Friday, probably in the evening being even busier as they have all kind of live shows as advertising even on their toilet doors explain.

We decided to come back in the future as we were both surely impressed with the servers' efficiency together with the beautiful decor, a mix of original features and very cool lighting, which I really liked, plus lot of other details here and there.