“Fantastic food, fantastic service!”

Coda Restaurant by Eric Chavot
Ranked #218 of 25,043 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 85
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Coda Restaurant welcomes Michelin-awarded chef Eric Chavot to the team as consultant chef. Chavot brings his gastronomic expertise to the Royal Albert Hall with a menu of delicious, seasonal dishes inspired by his love of traditional French cooking. At Coda, the food takes centre stage, with a commitment to using the very best produce, cooked simply with imagination. Advance booking is highly recommended and can be done by visiting the Food & Drink section of the Royal Albert Hall’s website.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Enjoyed a lovely evening with family whilst attending a Gregory Porter concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Very civilised way of attending a concert as you get to dine 2 hours before the show and then usually enjoy interval drinks and dessert back at your own table.

The lovely view of the Albert Memorial was sadly covered due to ongoing works but the food and service more than made up for it! All the staff were smiley and welcoming especially Isabel who looked after us wonderfully.

Fantastic food including the veggie and/or vegan option enjoyed by one of our party. A nice menu including a number of fish courses and I really enjoyed the sweetbread starter and beautiful goats chees dessert - almost too visually stunning to eat! Almost!!

Nice wine list including a very nice rioja.

We've been before and will definitely go again!!

1  Thank burty66

Reviewed 3 April 2018

You'll read lots of reviews about Coda that rave about everything; the location INSIDE the Royal Albert Hall (tick), the friendly welcome (tick), the immediate service (tick), the charming, impeccably-dressed waitress (Carla was indeed everything a hostess should be, although she got the bill wrong...in my favour! I corrected the matter, don't worry) (tick), the extremely well-cooked minimalist food (tick - Eric was there in person last night and his team do seriously know how to follow his orders to the letter), a good but small cellar with excellent wines (tick). So why only 4*? I don't like any establishment that tries to tell me how to tip, does this mean they don't pay their staff very well? (It's more than 10%, by the way!). I would have hoped for a larger menu choice for the price charged but, I know, this IS London (no tick). There was a predominance of fish on the main course menu and my wife is not a fish-eater (no tick). These will sound like petty faults when you read them but that's why, for me, it can't be 5* even though the venue rates in the top TWO percent of all London restaurants and TripAdvisor reviewers can't be wrong; I've relied on their honesty around the world and have not been disappointed. Expect an extremely good experience (almost exceptional) but challenge the bill (and the size of the [obligatory?] tip) ...and expect a small choice with a fish bias! I hope you find I've been fair.

1  Thank Busmantoo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I came on Sun 18th March 2018 with my mum, dad, brother & sister-in-law. We didn't know what to expect but from the moment we walked through the door we had an amazing experience & were treated really well. Our waitress Isabel was very helpful & was able to answer the questions we had on some of the dishes on the menu. When the food came the presentation was exceptional and the taste didn't disappoint in anyway. Isabel made sure we were happy with everything, she also took our drink order for interval which meant we could come straight in without having to queue.

1  Thank becks8582
Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife and I enjoyed a delightful afternoon meal at Coda in the Albert Hall before our Classical Spectacular show. We ordered the Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese as starters and both had the Lemon Sole as mains. Aafter being sold on it we both were eager to try Coda’s Coupe Exotique and what a treat it was. We could not compliment the chef and kitchen enough to our lovely waitress. Everything, from location to service and food, was exceptional. We will definitely visit again. On a personal note, I would like to thank Isabel for her tremendous service and personal attention throughout the afternoon. My wife had not been feeling great that morning but not long after introducing herself she made us both feel at ease, answered all our questions and every time with a smile. Thank you for your cheerful attitude and laughs, made us feel very special. We had an incredible experience and would definitely recommend a visit to Coda to experience this firsthand.

1  Thank lesdams1
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Lovely setting. Good menu. Well cooked and presented. Great to have the table resevred for interval drinks. Great service from Isabela.