“Great tour - cant recommend enough!!”
Review of Alternative London

Alternative London
Ranked #1 of 175 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and food & drink tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great tour - cant recommend enough!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Amazing insight to east London's history and alternative art scene! Our tour guide Gary was friendly, full of information and really passionate. He showed us some amazing pieces and told us some great stories about the area. Would definitely do it again!!

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
Porto, Portugal
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour. Beautiful street art!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I truly enjoyed the tour...interesting, entertaining and honestly eye-opening. I didn't realize how beautiful street could be! An awesome way to see parts of East London.

I highly recommend it!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“probably my most memorable London experience on my 6 day visit”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

In concurrence with all the other reviews, this was a most amazing tour. I have gained a whole new perspective on art and the beauty and importance of street art in particular as a result of this tour. We visited 2 more European cities after London and my eyes were constantly peeled for good street art (vs. graffiti). Our guide was Gary and he was fabulous because of his knowledge, his way of delivering information and his humor. He solidified for me the importance of making art public and accessible to all. I loved his comments about the socio-economic context of the art as well as the impending impact (albeit negative) of such large events as the International Olympics. I am probably a few decades older than Gary and have missed the activism I knew when I was his age. It inspired me to see such tangible commitment to a cause of the street artists that he knows so well and calls his community. This tour offers an insight that Westminster Abbey or the V & A can never provide and leaves the participant with a much more complete perspective of London today than the more typical tourist sties. Take this tour if you want something really special!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank jel6
Stavanger, Norway
“Great street and a guide with a genuine love for the area and the artists ;)”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Great street and a guide with a genuine love for the area and the artists ;)

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“epic”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

wicked tour, takes you weaving in and out of spitalfields & brick lane. Have spent some time there previously but couldnt believe how much wicked stuff we have missed along the way.
Gary - was an amazing tour guide, insightful history told to us with huge depth of knowledge about the scene in the East End.
A must for a tourist, or non tourist!
Make sure you are prepared for walking & wrapped up if its cold weather, but dont be out off, one of the best things we have done in London!

Visited April 2012

Been to Alternative London? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK